Context Camera helps you capture more useful photos by stamping them with direction, location, date/time, address and comments in a variety of configurations.
Context Camera is designed for business and is trusted by professionals in diverse fields such as construction, insurance, safety, inspection and emergency response.
- Take photos using the app - the camera preview with information overlay will show you exactly what your photo will look like.
- Rear, dual and front cameras are supported.
- Adjust focus, exposure, and flash settings where supported by your device.
- Choose from a variety of information overlays. Each overlay shows a different selection of information including:
- location (lat/lon, UTM, MGRS in WGS84, NAD83 and GDA94 datums)
- direction (degrees/mils, magnetic/true north)
- user comments
- date and time (variety of formats)
- As well as being stamped on the photo itself, most information is also written to the image metadata.
- Annotate photos with arrows, lines, ellipses and rectangles in a variety of colours and thicknesses.
- Store photos inside the app to keep them separate or automatically export them to your photo library or iCloud.
- Export stamped photos as separate images or zip files.
- Quick email feature lets you quickly send emails with photos to preset addresses.
- Only photos taken with Context Camera can be stamped.
- No automatic export of photos to cloud storage services other than iCloud (yet)
- No customisation of text font, size or colour on overlays (yet)
- No custom text annotations on photos (yet)
- iPods and Wi-Fi only iPads are supported, but since they do not have a GPS receiver location accuracy is reduced.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Added more export filename formats and options.
- Added new date only date/time formats.
- Added a new minimal date/time and comment template.
- Failed exports are more prominent and have better error messages.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Camera App for Construction Documentation
I am a forensic architect and take several hundreds, if not thousands, of photos during a single day.
The ability to add user comments to the file means that I can now tag my photos with info such as Project Name, Bldg#, Room#, Floor Level, etc., as I take photos in the field. I extract this metadata later for organizing. I especially like the auto export feature (iCloud and Photo Library) and the option to toggle the info overlay on/off in the exported file.
The developers have created a solid running app that has features not available in any other camera app I have tried. Great work!
Makes My Work Life Easier
I have to document day and time in photos in real time for work on a regular basis. This app has saved me so much time and headache per the last few years. Best investment for work that I have ever made. Highly recommend!
I've used this app in the field for several years now without any complaints; I'm glad to see that development/improvements have not stalled. The developer has done an outstanding job on this must-have app (especially for LEOs). I've held back on the 5th star solely in the hopes that an ID/License scanning feature may be incorporated somehow... the BlinkID SDK (by Microban) would work perfectly within Context Camera; maybe that's something that the developer might want to consider. As is, however, the app is still essential for LE applications... purchase it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.