Context Camera helps you capture more useful photos by stamping them with direction, location, date/time, address and comments in a variety of configurations.
Context Camera is designed for business and is trusted by professionals in diverse fields such as construction, insurance, safety, inspection and emergency response.
- Take photos using the app - the camera preview with information overlay will show you exactly what your photo will look like.
- Rear, dual and front cameras are supported.
- Adjust focus, exposure, and flash settings where supported by your device.
- Choose from a variety of information overlays. Each overlay shows a different selection of information including:
- location (lat/lon, UTM, MGRS in WGS84, NAD83 and GDA94 datums)
- direction (degrees/mils, magnetic/true north)
- user comments
- date and time (variety of formats)
- As well as being stamped on the photo itself, most information is also written to the image metadata.
- Annotate photos with arrows, lines, ellipses and rectangles in a variety of colours and thicknesses.
- Store photos inside the app to keep them separate or automatically export them to your photo library, iCloud or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Export stamped photos as separate images or zip files.
- Quick email feature lets you quickly send emails with photos to preset addresses.
- Customise the built in overlays by choosing the text colour, text background colour and font.
- Only photos taken with Context Camera can be stamped.
- No custom text annotations on photos (yet)
- iPods and Wi-Fi only iPads are supported, but since they do not have a GPS receiver location accuracy is reduced.
Optional Context Camera Pro Subscription:
All features are available in the basic version of Context Camera but exported photos are limited to 1600x1200px (2MP) and a watermark is applied. An auto-renewable annual Pro subscription with no watermarks or resolution limits is available via in-app purchase.
- Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Integration with 3rd party services (eg. cloud storage providers) depends on their terms, conditions and software and cannot be guaranteed for the duration of the subscription period.
- Users who installed Context Camera prior to v4.0.0 should already have Context Camera Pro and do not need to purchase a subscription.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Context Camera now has an optional Pro subscription for new users. Existing users should automatically have access to Context Camera Pro.
- The basic version of Context Camera limits exported photos to 1600x1200 px and applies a watermark.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Camera App for Construction Documentation
I am a forensic architect and take several hundreds, if not thousands, of photos during a single day.
The ability to add user comments to the file means that I can now tag my photos with info such as Project Name, Bldg#, Room#, Floor Level, etc., as I take photos in the field. I extract this metadata later for organizing. I especially like the auto export feature (iCloud and Photo Library) and the option to toggle the info overlay on/off in the exported file.
The developers have created a solid running app that has features not available in any other camera app I have tried. Great work!
Construction Documentation You Need!!
I have been using the Contex Camera App for over 5 years in the commercial construction industry and have not found another camera that can perform like the Contex... For example- Each picture has the Latitude and Longitude in the format you choose. The feature I use most is the Note feature, you can add two lines of notes describing what you want the viewer to look at- Great for documenting good and bad construction work... Hey, give it a shot, you won’t be disappointed...
Easy to use and understand. One improvement would be the ability to have tags or create comments that are shown on the comments screen so you can just tap the tag or comment and it auto inputs into the comments section instead of having to type it.
- Cascode Labs Pty Ltd
- 17 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Cascode Labs Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Context Camera Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.