The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
* Fall in LOVE with our new heart shorts and gloves, just in time for Valentine’s Day
* Titleist Ultra Slow Meter Balls are now available in yellow
* Mastercard holders, play in the Mastercard Pebble Beach Challenge for a chance to win a golf trip to Pebble Beach Resorts® starting 2/1
* Celebrate the Year of the Rat with our brand new Chinese New Year shirt
* Additional bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Some Issues Though
1. I get so frustrated in head to head play when the person who shoots second - especially in a tiebreaker - has a huge advantage after watching the first players ball. I play golf clash and myself and everyone I talk to hate tie breakers. Leave it as a tie. You can both shoot a birdie but you can still be handed a loss if you hit first in the tie breaker - not fun. Should have larger rewards for birdie, not beating random player of skill you have no control over.
2. I am disincentivized to be promoted to the next level because the tees are moved back and I can’t reach the green in 2 on a 512 yard par 4. I get it, pay for better clubs, but still no incentive to move up.
3. The shot meter is uncreative. I should be able to slice and hook by accident, or draw and fade on purpose. This can be done by closing stance and club face. Low or high shots by ball position. Everything is so impressively realistic. Why not go all out.
4. When I was awarded club rental, all the players I played against suddenly had upgraded clubs as well. What is the point?
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
The creators who run this game are crooks
Ok, so my level is currently at 101 with the status of champion, which does mean much other than I’ve logged a ton of games. Here’s the thing, everything is predetermined in this game. I’ve got some of the best clubs you can buy, balls with good to great assist aid and I’m pretty consistent at hitting ding on the swing meter. You can hit a perfect shot into a straight on headwind and end up 7 yards right or left. Other times, after an update, your irons will be 10-15 yards short, so over the course of the next couple of weeks you’ll begin to try to compensate for this (only to have them switch it back to completely screw you up). And don’t even get me started on how they change putting every other week. You have a better chance getting a fair game at the carnival. Then when you call them on it they respond with answers like “only a true golf fan would understand the nuances of the game). So after playing two years (and never getting a new course) I’ve decided to stop playing. I’m just sorry I lined their pockets for that long. One other thing, don’t even think about starting a club that’ll beat the Georgians, if it looks like you are, WGT will just give them the best of par 5’s repeatedly to ensure their victory. Don’t make suggestions (they won’t listen), just pay them and you MIGHT get a sarcastic response (if you get one at all). Way to ruin a gaming experience crooks.
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 259.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 11000 WGT Credits $99.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.