Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep it centered.
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
Featured by Apple in “Train Your Brain” section
- Add webpages from Safari or other apps using share extension
- Paste the clipboard contents (text or web page URL)
- Follow the highlighter along the page (Guided Reading) or keep the highlighted phrase in the center of the screen (RSVP)
- Adjust the reading speed and the highlighter size (length of the chunk of text you read at once)
- 5 fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- In order to reduce distractions, items are stripped from unnecessary content
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Everything is always with you, even offline
OUTREAD PLUS FEATURES:
- Sync with Pocket, Instapaper and Pinboard
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub) or read free classic novels from the built-in library
- Add Microsoft Word, .rtf and .txt documents
- Night reading theme
- DRM-protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
- Sync between iPhone and iPad versions is available only via Pocket, Instapaper and Pinboard
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at email@example.com
- Switched to flashing (RSVP) mode by default.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says well
Works very well. However, the metronome sounds are very quiet, importing files must be done one at a time, and there is no way to synchronize across devices. You can synchronize some files via instapaper and the like, but not epub and afaik, it still wouldn't sync reading progress. Minor problems overall, though.
As someone who loves information, new ways to learn, and getting through the front pages of newspapers, this app is essential. It pays for itself. It also has classic books on there which is a nice added bonus.
Anyone who thinks ‘you’ can’t speed read, I encourage you to try this app out and see how your amazing brain works.
You can read rsvp or guided. I’m going through 20 news pieces a day and I love it!
Recent updates make the app delightful
It seems like Outread recently got some attention from its developers and it is now delightful. A full-featured speed reading app which leaves little wanting. My primarily next feature request is syncing books and progress via icloud so I can move between my iPad and iPhone.
- Arkadiusz Holko
- 6.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Arkadiusz Holko
- In-App Purchases
- Outread Plus $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.