Carboxylic acids and esters are one of the most important classes of organic compounds. They are everywhere:
* in food (citric acid; vinegar = a solution of acetic acid);
* in medicines (aspirin = acetylsalicylic acid);
* in fats (triglycerides are esters of fatty acids and glycerol);
* in plastics (polyesters);
* in biochemistry (transformation of pyruvate through the citric acid cycle);
* and even in ants :) (formic acid)
Learn structures and trivial names of 50 most important carboxylic acids and their esters and salts. Organic Chemistry Quiz:
* Aliphatic saturated acids.
* Unsaturated and substituted acids.
* Di- and tricarboxylic acids.
* Aromatic acids.
* pKa values of all acids!
Choose the game mode:
* Spelling quizzes (easy and hard).
* Multiple-choice questions (with 4 or 6 answer options).
* Time game (give as many answers as you can in 1 minute).
A learning tool:
The app is translated into 8 languages, including English, German, French, and many others. So you can learn the names of the carboxylic acids in any of them.
- All game modes are available immediately and for free.
- Multiple-choice questions (with 4 or 6 answer options).
Ratings and Reviews
This is a super fun way to learn the non-IUPAC way of naming compounds. I’ve learned a lot and had a lot of fun. No bugs!!
- Andrey Solovyev
- 21.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Andrey Solovyev
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads Free
- Unlimited Hints $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.