iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
- Clean and minimal interface.
- iCloud sync across iPad, iPhone, and Mac¹ devices.
- Full Multimarkdown support with syntax highlighting.
- Markdown preview with custom themes and fonts.
- Typewriter mode² with focusing on line, sentence, or paragraph.
- Powerful Document Browser³ with tags support.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, and paragraphs.
- Fast and responsive editing.
# iWriter Pro supports:
- Math equations, Flowchart graphs, and Mermaid diagrams.
- Light and dark layouts (auto-switching included).
- Search and Replace within a document.
- Export text and Markdown previews to PDF, HTML, DOCX, EPUB, JPG, and LaTeX.
- Keyboard shortcuts⁴ for text formatting and quick navigation.
- Automatic list formatting for ordered, unordered, and todo lists.
- Multi-window layout on iPad. Text and preview on one screen.
¹ - iWriter Pro for Mac available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
² - Typewriter and Focus modes available only on iPad.
³ - Editing files in Dropbox, Google Drive, and other 3d-party storage providers are not guaranteed.
⁴ - External keyboard is required.
# Editor Improvements:
- iWriter Pro now supports automatic ordered list formatting. Ordered lists will maintain the correct marker number when you insert or delete a list item. Automatic formatting is supported by nested lists as well.
- All list elements now automatically indent multi-paragraph text items. This change is needed to maintain consistency between Multimarkdown source and HTML preview.
- New "Structure" menu with settings options for text indentation and tabulation size.
- "Typography" menu updated. Added new control for precise text size selection. Also, added font customization option for code blocks.
- New shortcut: press ⌥+⌘+T to toggle the Typewriter mode.
- Resolved multiple user-interface issues.
# Preview Improvements:
- New export option: DOCX (MS Word).
- Preview now allows you to switch the color theme.
- Added support for user-selectable font face and size.
- New customization option for header alignment.
- Fixed several issues with HTML export.
- PDF export menu now allows you to choose paper size.
- Additional under-the-hood changes.
iWriter Pro is created by an indie developer. If you like the app please rate it in the App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and great reviews help us a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, Powerful, Beautiful.
This is one of the best Text Editors I’ve tried on the App Store—and I feel like I’ve tried and bought all of them. What makes iWriter stand out is that it maintains the straightforwardness and simplicity of a text editor, while providing a rich set of features and having a design that makes the whole experience delightful. The app uses the Files app as its starting state, which means you can quickly create a text file anywhere you want or easily open any text file you wish to edit. The app is thoughtful in its UI; everything seems polished and considered. All the features are intuitively placed and you’ll never feel lost or confused.
Speaking of features, while iWriter feels simple, it has a plethora of features under the hood to make it an excellent pro text editor: inline Markdown, Typewriter mode, ability to use a custom font, text width and line height options, Dark Mode support, search and replace, Markdown preview, countless export/sharing formats, keyboard shortcuts, Split View, document navigation via headers, excellent themes, text correction switches, line numbering option, etc...
A great text editor should be simple, powerful, and beautiful. iWriter is a great text editor.
Best text writer out there
I love this program. It’s a helluva markdown/text editor. I like how it is organized and set up. I use these distraction free programs to work on first drafts and sketch things out and this is a great program for that. I once used Ulysses to do this, but when they went to monthly subscriptions, I left them. Now I have iWriter Pro and am not looking back. It syncs well on iCloud (have not tried Dropbox) which is excellent for me as I am rarely home to work on the desktop and most often write on an iPad Pro.
I also like how the background color can change from the glaring white that so often burns the eyes. I use the sun choice.
This is an excellent program for what it does and I’m glad I found it.
I use this as my writing space
After I finish my session I ship off the writing to another app. Gives me the focus feature without costing me $30 like iA Writer, which I’m planing on getting but not now.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergey Zorin
- 11.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sergey Zorin 2015-2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.