# iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
## Key Features:
- Sync across all your Mac, iPad, and iPhone devices*.
- Text editing with live Markdown syntax highlighting.
- HTML Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Split mode displays text and preview on the same screen.
- Typewriter mode with focusing on sentence, line, or paragraph.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, and paragraphs.
- QuickLook plugin for previewing documents in Finder.
## iWriter Pro Supports:
- MathJax plugin for previewing LaTeX equations.
- Flowchart and Mermaid diagrams.
- Source code highlight within HTML preview.
- Exporting documents as HTML, PDF, RTF, EPUB, LaTeX, and DOCX.
- Automatic number, bullet, and task list formatting.
- User-selectable fonts (with face and size).
* iWriter Pro for iPhone and iPad available as a separate purchase.
** Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like ‘.txt’ and ‘.md’).
- Application window now features the full-sized toolbar with editing options.
- New editing options: Editor, Preview, and Split View.
- Editor and HTML Preview now synchronize their scrolling positions.
- New Dashboard panel with Navigation and Text Statistics.
- German and Russian localizations added.
- Preview plugins updated: Mermaid (8.13.4), Flowchart (1.17.0), Highlight.js (11.3.1).
- Fixed issues with export to DOCX format.
- Fixed various issues in Focus mode.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
- iWriter Pro now requires MacOS 11 or higher.
iWriter Pro is created by an indie developer. If you like the app please rate it in the App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and great reviews help us a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Love this program!
One thing I would recommend is LaTex support for writing math formulas. I would certainly buy the iOS version if there was LaTex support. Great app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the request. We have implemented LaTeX formula preview in the recent iWriter Pro update (ver. 1.10).
Would be great, with some improvements
I had to let my previous markup app go, b/c I moved up to macOS Catalina, which is 64 bit. There are 3 problems with this app that slow down my productivity. 1) I need an app that recognizes URL syntax, and automatically makes it clickable in documents. 2) Every time I open 1Write I am searching for a document to read or edit. However, 1Writer's default is to search the entire computer, rather that the designated file folder of my docs. Having to click the name of that folder after attempting a search is an unnecessary step. It would also be helpful if the app would automatically reveal documents as you type the letters you are searching for (live search). 3) I am often moving from one document to another, and therefore want 1Writer to remain on the screen when I exit a document. It is a pain that every time I exit a document, I have to bring 1Writer up again. There should be an preference option to keep it on the screen in the background while editing a document.
I do think this app can be very useful with these improvements.
Missing basic functionality
You'd expect that ⌘- would decrease the font size like it's supposed to, but it doesn't, and there isn't a way to decrease it in the app menu either. That's too bad since I was looking forward to using this in conjunction with its Latex support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for pointing this out. We have added those shortcuts in version 1.15. You can choose any font (with any size) in the app’s settings as well.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergey Zorin
- 7.6 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © Sergey Zorin 2016 - 2022
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.