iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
# Key Features:
- Sync across all your Mac, iPad and iPhone devices*.
- Text editing with live syntax highlight.
- Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Typewriter and Focus modes (sentence, line & paragraph).
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
- Integrated counters for words/chars/sentences/etc.
- QuickLook plugin for Markdown documents.
# iWriter Pro Supports:
- Export Markdown documents to HTML, PDF, RTF and LaTeX.
- Markdown documents printing.
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating within text.
- Customizable fonts and 4 beautiful color themes.
- Automatic number/bullet list continuations.
* iWriter Pro for iPhone and iPad available as a separate purchase.
Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like ‘.txt’ and ‘.md’).
New menu item option to hide the word counter.
Streamlined support for images.
New extended Text Statistics menu.
Fixed issue with renaming documents from the window's title bar.
iWriter Pro 1.9 requires MacOS 10.13 or higher.
If you like iWriter Pro please rate it in the Mac App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and reviews help us a lot!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this program!
One thing I would recommend is LaTex support for writing math formulas. I would certainly buy the iOS version if there was LaTex support. Great app!
Great basic writing program
So far I like this writing program. I use it mainly to draft projects out. I used use Ulysses for this, but when it went to subscription-based, they lost me. I was looking for another program to replace this program I like a text editor to work out ideas and first drafts and iwriterPro does this well enough. It is easy to organize and syncs across all devices — a huge help to me since I am rarely at home to work on the desktop and generally use an ipad pro. It has a file system that works somewhat like Apple Notes and is a huge help for me. I also like how it has different colors for page color and you can also adjust the text size as well as the font. All-in-all, this is a great basic writing program that works for what I need it for. I’m glad I found it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.