The WarnWetter App offers the following functions (in the free version):
• Overview of the current weather warning situation for Germany down to municipal level.
• Detailed information on the weather warning situation for selected locations through official warnings, including a warning trend.
• Configurable warning elements and warning levels
• Configurable alarm function (push) for on-site warnings.
• Switchable on-site warnings of severe weather events (thunderstorms, snow, icy conditions) when localized via mobile device.
• Switchable alarm function when the warning situation changes on site.
• Social media sharing function for sharing information from the WarnWetterApp e.g. via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail.
• Warnings from our partners of floods, storm surges and avalanches.
• Predicted trajectories of thunderstorm cells.
• Coast warnings and lake warnings for Bavarian lakes.
• Video information in case of severe weather situations.
• Features like configurable widget, selection of tones, different wind speed units, etc.
• Customizable start page for your favorite products (from version 3.0).
For a one-time fee (in-app purchase) the WarnWetter App can be expanded to a full version including the following functions:
• Display of current weather values and forecasts up to 7 days in advance.
- Precipitation differentiated into rain, snow, sleet and hail (radar, model forecasts).
- Clouds (satellite data, model forecasts).
- Lightning (lightning location, forecasts).
- Wind (model forecasts).
- Temperatures (model forecasts).
- Location-based weather values (weather stations and model forecast points).
• In the map section (from version 2.0 in the chargeable full version):
- The different data can be easily selected from the past to the future via a time control.
- The data can be easily sorted according to weather elements (precipitation, clouds, temperature, wind) and can be combined as required.
- Additional current weather values and forecasts from individual locations (weather conditions, temperature, wind, precipitation) can also be activated.
• Text reports for the federal states, the German coast and sea areas, as well as an Alpine weather report (only available in German)
• Forest fire hazards and Grasland Fire Index.
• Information on thermal sensation and increased UV intensity.
• Model forecasts for warning-relevant events such as storm, persisting or heavy precipitation.
• User reports: Display of various weather events (thunderstorms, wind, tornado, etc.) plus the option of adding a user report with photo function.
Note: The in-app purchase can be used on multiple devices when using the same account.
You can find the WarnWetter app accessibility statement at https://www.warnwetterapp.de/barrierefreiheit.html
• New warning areas for the cities of Berlin, Bremen, Lübeck, Düsseldorf, Kaiserslautern, Saarbrücken, Potsdam, Stuttgart, Freiburg
• Territorial adjustments to the 2020 territorial reforms
• Weather forecast for Lake Constance
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely useful weather app for Germany
Was happy to find that it offers more than just weather warnings but detailed forecasts and current conditions. Very nicely designed.
The UI is awful and I actually have to purchase the product version for every device separately. I have no idea where things are and the buttons and interface elements are not refined...
There’s no system dark mode.
On my widget list, WarnWetter is the only app that’s not updated to dark mode support. :(
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deutscher Wetterdienst
- 104 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Deutscher Wetterdienst
- In-App Purchases
- WarnWetter Vollversion $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.