Start tracking your mood today! Understand yourself better and take better control of your life with iMoodJournal!
This beautiful app is an ultimate journal, personal diary and mood charting tool. It can track not only mood, but anything you like: sleep, medication, symptoms, stress and anxiety, energy level, cycles, etc. It will help you discover causes of your ups and downs, and get surprising insights into yourself!
* Featured on NY Times, NY Daily News, made "The Best Bipolar Disorder Apps of the Year" by Healthline, voted "Top 10 apps for health and wellness" by Rewire Me, recommended by expert on Psychcentral.com and many other specialists.
- Colorful editable scale to rate overall well-being.
- Possibility to keep notes to record thoughts and experiences. You can create really long mood records, edit them any time you wish and even create records in the past if you missed a scheduled recording.
- Automatic reminders – as many as needed per day, including random ones.
- Animated mood history chart to browse history of mood records.
- Smart #hashtags system to establish associations between moods and experiences by adding #hashtags to records. Mark your emotions, people surrounding you, any other objects or activities with #hashtags. Examples: #angry, #surprised, #friends, #workout. iMoodJournal will show how your feelings and your surrounding affect your wellbeing in long term.
- Special hashtags to track any measurable essences, like medication, sleep, level of stress, etc. Use #hastags with colons and numeric values, like #aspirin:40mg or #sleep:8h
- Top Positive and Negative #hashtags charts to spot triggers of mood changes and filter mood records by #hashtags.
- Gorgeous summary charts to recognize time-based patterns in mood, which include full mood history, as well as weekly and daily average charts.
- Large landscape mood chart to visualize #hashtags values to discover correlations between mood and any measurable essences like medication, sleep, etc.
- Visualization of moods on the map if geolocation is enabled.
- Backup, synchronization and protection with passcode.
- Possibility to attach self-portrait photos to mood records and realize how your mood affects your appearance.
- Sharing moods with friends on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or sending them by email.
WHEN DO I NEED A MOOD DIARY AND TRACKING TOOL?
Mood diary is frequently offered by psychologists and therapists to help us discover facts about ourselves that otherwise slip our attention. You may experience a diagnosed condition like bipolar, OCD, depression, etc. Or you may want to track symptoms of PMS, IMS, PMDD, PPD, or track menstrual cycles. You may have stressful job, like manager reporting to executives or customer facing specialist, which makes you feel exhausted at the end of your long day. You may be on emotional rollercoaster as your partner is making your heart tear apart. Or you may simply be curious to know yourself better. This app may help! Bring your iMoodJournal to your therapist or discuss it with your close friend to maximize its positive impact on your life.
* To get the best out of the app, please keep regular records (preferably 2 – 3 times a day) of your mood with tags and self-portraits for at least 1 – 2 weeks. The Weekly Cycle chart requires several weeks of records to generate meaningful output. We wish you the very best experience with iMoodJournal. Please send us your feedback at email@example.com.
* Note that we have no means to reply if you try to get in touch using App Store reviews. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website contact form – we provide full developer support and will be happy to hear from you and resolve any issue quickly, should you have any questions, suggestions, or problems.
More about the app: http://www.imoodjournal.com
Follow us on Twitter @iMoodJournal and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IMoodJournal/
Fixed an issue with support of zoomed display.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
Love this app. Been using it since December 2016 and have recommended it to multiple people. I love the 10 scale system, photo, and # feature. This app has helped me get through hard times and reflect on where things went wrong in the past. The recent improvements to the summary graphing feature are great, but I would like it seen taken further to be able to view and export graphs of exact time frames instead of just limiting to full period, quarter, current month, and last 30 days. Even a “Last x days” feature. And it would be nice to export high quality graph images instead of only being able to export them with the whole PDF.
If this feature becomes more robust this would be 5 Stars hands down.
This is a very high-quality, useful app. I love being able to customize the colors, I like being able to do my own labels, and the tags feature is inspired. I've been tracking my mood on paper on and off for years, but this app is extremely convenient, makes the data easy to interpret, and is just fun to use. It covers all the basics you'd expect, including reminders, plus a lot of nice extras that you can use or ignore.
I've been trying out two other apps that contain mood journals, Pacifica and MoodKit, and while those apps have additional features their mood trackers aren't nearly as customizable or enjoyable to use (although Pacifica's is a 6 point scale rather than 10, which some may prefer.) MoodKit's in particular only lets you record one mood per day (who only has one mood all day?), which is not a problem with this app.
Update: well, not a whole lot has changed. The map feature is kind of neat. I have reminders set to random and sometimes I get two in one day and sometimes I don't get any, but otherwise the app works so well I don't care. I've been using it for two years and am still quite happy with it.
Great for tracking mood!
This is the first app like this that I've tried, and so far, I'm finding it extremely helpful. I especially like that one has a limited amount of space for each entry -- it doesn't feel quite as overwhelming as an ordinary diary.
It's mildly annoying that the reminder to back up pops up right when you have just created an entry and are about to record your mood. It would be nice if it appeared when you opened the app or something -- but not while you're in the middle of creating a record! Thanks!
UPDATE 8/9/17: It would be really great if there were some way to search for tags on the positive / negative screens (to access them without having to scroll through all the tags)! Thanks!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Inexika Inc.
- 66.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 Inexika Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.