Jayson is a simple yet powerful JSON viewer and editor.
- Browse JSON files stored on your device.
- Toggle between viewing JSON in a table or as syntax highlighted text.
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between files or different objects in a single file.
- Use multiple splits to easily compare JSON documents in a single file or across multiple files.
- Parse text or the contents of a URL in your clipboard to JSON.
- Share Sheet action for parsing JSON from plain text and loading JSON from a link,
- URL schemes for parsing a text, loading the contents of a link as JSON or parsing the contents of your clipboard.
- Highlight a key from a child of an array to quickly get an overview.
Features that require the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase:
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Changing the visual appearance, including the app icon, accent color and type icons.
- Opening more than two tabs.
- Bugfix: Numbers written using scientific notation (e.g. 7e+16) could not be parsed.
- Bugfix: Sometimes decimal numbers weren't properly displayed.
- Bugfix: The Get File action no longer requires the file extension in order to find the file.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's tough to say how good this app really is. If you at all need to understand your JSON payload, this thing will slice and dice it any way you need to get a clear handle on it. I would've been debugging for at least another couple of hours without it ... today alone! Huge time saver and absolutely beautiful design. Thank you!
Good, but a few annoying bugs
I have used this app in the past. I like the new UI a lot better, but I have trouble with the app crashing when trying to edit the plain text. I used to use this app alot when debugging jSON from a website so I could see the relationships more clearly. I wasn't able to do basic editing like select-all or pasting without it crashing. I had to paste it into a new file adn save as a jSON file on the desktop in order to inspect the contents. I know a recent update can be hard to iron out edge cases like mine probably is, so I'm hopeful for a more stable release soon.
Love this app!
Absolutely adore this app on both my iPad and Mac. I do find the fade effect when navigating between levels a little weird, and wish it was just a quick animation like on the iPad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.