Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved for offline viewing as PDFs or web archives
• Rich and plain text files
• Markdown documents, with preview and syntax highlighting in a choice of styles
• Add highlights and notes to PDF documents
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view to browse items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Encrypt files with a password
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Save searches for later reuse
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
• Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
• Copy clickable links to items and lists in Keep It
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
• Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
• Automate tasks with AppleScript
Keep It can be used with a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app. A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following a free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed an issue exporting notes as PDFs.
- Fixed issues extracting information from some files.
- Fixed an issue where an unnecessary additional error message could be shown when a web link could not be saved for offline.
- Fixed an issue dealing with custom file locations that cannot be reached when the app starts up.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally, a "bucket" app I like!
I’ve been searching far and wide for a good “bucket” application into which I can throw web pages, articles, notes, screenshots, audio clips, whatever! And it’s remarkable how many such applications exist, but in fairly incomplete or unsatisfactory ways: they’re quite often ugly (a minor point, but important if you’re using Mojave’s Dark Mode), over-complicated, mobile-unfriendly, and/or use proprietary sync solutions that may incur their own subscription rates. Keep It addresses all of these matters handily and the price is reasonable.
More feature-full alternatives exist, but for my purposes, Keep It is absolutely outstanding. At the time of writing, the subscription for both mobile and desktop adds up to $30 per year, and that’s less than the up-front cost of most other “buckets” I’ve evaluated. Longitudinally, you might save a few bucks by buying a non-subscription application once and not getting any major upgrades over several years, but I’m happy to pay what this app is worth on an annual basis so long as it continues to serve me well.
To be fair, I’ve not been using Keep It long, so I will be curious to see how it performs over time. I’ll plan to update my review in six months or so. Barring any major issues until then, I’m confident that I made the right choice.
Here is WHY this is EXQUISITE
In the 80's Sharp made a PDA called the ZAURUS. It had a graphical folder file allegory and you could drag anything to MULTIPLE folders. This simple and elegant system has been missing - until KEEPIT. Assume you have a note or a video (yes you can add video or any file) and you want that in a "FOLDER" (They call them BUNDLES) called PROJECTS, but ALSO you want the SAME info in a "folder" called URGENT and ALSO in one called KEY CUSTOMERS. With this program the one entry can be dragged to each or infinate Bundles and removed from any without affecting the rest. This is HOW people manage. I have a report and I need to discuss it with 4 people. I have PEOPLE FOLDERS and drag this report to all 4. As I discuss with each, I make notes for THAT discussion, and can then delete the report from that person's "discuss" folder. This program is fast, accurate and well desigjned. 10 Thumbs up for a program that deals with complex issues very simply. No curve to up time. It's just there and you get it intuitively.
Keep It Solve a Number of Problems for Me
I like saving webpages, PDFs and other documents and my own notes in one place. "Keep It" does a good job of organizing everything with effective tagging and search systems. I'm still testing. After using Keep It for a month, I think it is going to replace the other 4 apps I was using for these purposes. Not only does Keep It work better in terms of UX, it also comes with a one-time fee instead of a subscription. I'm not against subscriptions, developers need to stay afloat, but one-time fees (per major upgrade) are helpful sometimes.
This might be asking a lot, combining Keep It with a great reader app could be really useful. I like News Explorer very much as a reader.
One more item, this might be controversial, I prefer getting my apps in the Apple App Stores. I know they get a cut, but App Store apps are vetted, imperfectly, by Apple against their security and privacy terms which is better than living in the Digital Wild West, in my opinion.
- Steve Harris
- 16.2 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2020 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It $2.49
- Start Free Trial
- Keep It $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.