Keep It is notebook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again.
Available on iPhone and iPad, and a separate app for Mac, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Annotate PDF documents and images
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Open multiple windows on iPadOS
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Create saved searches that match items against a set of rules
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Works with the Files app
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save and open documents in other apps
• Automate tasks with the Shortcuts app
Use of Keep It Mobile requires a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app.
A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available, and these include a free trial.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following the free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Fixed an issue where some items may not be searchable by a generic type such as image or movie.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after removing a Markdown stylesheet.
- Fixed an issue merging changes with iCloud for shared items and folders.
- Improved the appearance of the number of items shown in the format bar.
Ratings and Reviews
As good as can be for what it does
I’ve been using both the MacOS and iOS versions of this app for over a year and a half and it has been a great resource. I work primarily with texts, usually pdfs under 15 pages long and it is a breeze to get information classified, and then into and out of the app as needed. I use it for source references in my work and to store some boilerplate for text that I have to reuse (and improve!). It’s not a database designed to hold giant libraries like DevonThink, but it’s easier to learn and work with. It doesn’t let you show visual links between ideas like a mind-mapper, but it has a fine tagging and searching function so you can pull things together very easily. It also has a hyperactive and hypervigilant developer who is very responsive to support requests and seems to update the app every 90 minutes (well, a couple times a month). I had some sync problems when I first started to use the app after mass-migrating notes from Evernote (there’s a solid protocol for this), but that resolved very quickly with a little help from the developer and things have been fine since. I’m as happy as can be with this app and can’t think of another one that does what this one does better. In fact, I can’t even think of another one as good.
I love this app. It’s simplified my life so much. I’m a writer and I like to clip and save things (pics, videos, articles, quotes) that I come across. This makes all that possible, and then everything is on my MacBook instantly. The only nitpicky thing I would want to see is a way to add a brief note to an uploaded pic or video. Ex. If I’m on the internet and I come across a pic that’s relevant for something I’m writing, I’ll screenshot it and upload it to a Keep It folder. But I’d like to be able to add a quick note along with the image or video so when I look at it later, I’ll remember why I clipped it and what I wanted to do with it. I know there’s tags but that is more of a sorting feature. I need to be able to write a note along with pics and videos. The tags are fine for sorting. But a little note section would be good. And I know you can add pics etc to a note you started, but that’s not helpful if I’m starting with the pic or video from a screenshot. Edited: thank you for the tip! Works perfectly. This is now a perfect app. Thank you for taking the time to help. Creators like you deserve success :)
Developer Response ,
Hello, you can add comments to an item: tap the (i) button above the image to see the Comments field. You can also show the Comments field in the Share extension, if that's one of the ways you're adding things to the app: tap the gear icon above the Lists view, tap Settings, and switch "Show Comments for Files" on. Then, when you tap the Share button in another app and choose Keep It, you'll be able to add the comment when you save the item.
Looks good, great concept, but constant crashes
I want to like Keep It because it would be very helpful for keeping all of my data, links, notes, etc organized. However, every time I try to add a file (a pdf from safari) the app crashes and the file is not saved. This has also happened several times when trying to add a web page (not for offline viewing) but I was eventually able to get it to work. I am also concerned about what happens to my data if my subscription is accidentally cancelled (issue with my card on file with iTunes which happens often for some reason) or if I decide to try a different app/service. Will there be a way to export my data from Keep It or will it just be lost? In the end, it seems like a simplified version of DEVONThink. I am looking for an alternative because lately I’ve had issues with DEVONthinks sync stores (tells me I entered the incorrect encryption key, but I have checked multiple times and there is zero chance I am entering the incorrect key). DEVONThink has a ton more “features” than Keep It, but many of them are overkill for my use case. I just want to have one place to organize all of my documents, files, notes, websites, etc that allows me to easily find what I need regardless of which device I am using. If Keep It can fix the crash issues I will give it a shot. Until then, the search continues.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you are having problems. I cannot seem to recreate the issue with the PDFs or saving web links, and I can’t see any relevant reports for v1.2.4 yet, so if you’re still having an issue, please send a support request from within the app: tap the gear icon above the Lists view, tap the Help button in the lower right, tap Get In Touch and tap Report a Problem.
Nothing will happen to your data if your subscription fails to renew, and provided the app is still installed you can continue to access all your files in the Files app, and import that data into other apps, provided they can import from the Files app. If you use the Mac version, Keep It stores everything in files and folders in the Finder, and you can export a copy of everything using the File > Export All Items menu item (or using the Export Files button in the Subscription panel, if your subscription has expired).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steve Harris
- 51.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2024 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It Mobile $1.49
- Keep It Mobile $11.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.