Keka is a full featured file archiver, as easy as it can be.
With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from ZIP and 7Z to RAR archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, AAR, WIM, DMG and ISO
Extraction formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, DMG, ISO, LZMA, EXE, CAB, WIM, MSI, PAX, JAR, APK, APPX, XPI, IPA, CPGZ, CPIO, XIP, CPT and more
• Added option to compress contents of folder from Finder Extension #1037
• Enhanced format detection for RAR volumes #1123
• Updated 7ZZ from 21.07 to 22.00 (Thanks to Igor Pavlov)
• This 7ZZ update adds support for APFS DMG extraction on macOS 10.13+
• Updated UNRAR from 6.02 to 6.12 (Thanks to rarlab)
• Italian translation updated (Thanks to @VinBoiSoft from http://vinboisoft.altervista.org) #1092
• French translation updated (Thanks to @Marc66) #1093
• Hungarian translation updated (Thanks to @majonez) #1094
• Korean translation updated (Thanks to @raonsol) #1096
• Traditional Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @pan93412) #1098
• Simplified Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @maxsky from https://maxsky.cc) #1099
• Dutch translation updated (Thanks to Niek)
• Russian translation updated (Thanks to @hugonote) #1107
• German translation updated (Thanks to @fabifabulousity) #1118 #1121
• Greek translation updated (Thanks to Basil)
• Bulgarian translation updated (Thanks to @m-dragoev) #1120
Ratings and Reviews
Minor Quibbles, Good Archiver Replacement
I've had Keka on my account for quite some time. I'm not primarily a Mac user and have extended durations away from the platform. I don't remember what Keka was like when I first purchased(?) it, but I recently wanted to archive a bunch of files to send off, only to open the app and be stumped by the UX understanding implied by your interface design. Since I hadn't looked at the store page, I had no idea what the window that popped up was for. I assumed it was asking maybe what default format and options I wanted. So when I closed that window, there was another settings window, which only further confused me. So, in the interest of being clear with your UX, please add a line or indication that the first window that opens is a drop target for files to be compressed, that the format selection in the top right is actually the format that will be used on the intended output, that kind of stuff. If you look at it with a fresh pair of eyes, the window doesn't declare it's intent anywhere for someone coming in fresh. Maybe everyone looks at the photos on the store page, but I downloaded it from my purchase history... so I missed those images. Anyway, minor gripe aside, it's a great app that functions as intended. The icon is cute, but lacks some contrast to see what it is for folks like myself with less than optimum vision.
The best if not one of the best file compression
I found this program exploring the app store. I didn't really felt the need to download it due that I had another program for that. At the end of the day, I lost files from the other program and it wasn't working at all later on. I remembered this one I decided to give it a try. I have run multiple tests and different situations where I put on test how good and efficient the program is and can be. This app is worth the money and it's super effective and get the work done. Totally reconmended!!!
I had a bit of a learning curve being new to macos but this is a great app. I use it to password protect sensitive files on Icloud storage since there is no way to password protect folders natively. This works great because I just zip up the folder, encrypt and password protect it.
I want to thank the developer for replying to my previous review. They let me know I needed to set Keka as a default app otherwise extraction would fail. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Be sure to open those files with Keka, macOS can open 7Z files but can’t extract AES-256 encrypted files.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or at https://issues.keka.io.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jorge Garcia Armero
- 32.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2022 aONe
- In-App Purchases
- Tip a coffee $1.99
- Monthly sip of coffee $0.49
- Tip a lunch $4.99
- Monthly coffee $0.99
- Tip a dinner $9.99
- Tip a bunch of food $49.99
- Tip a breakfast $3.99
- Monthly pair of coffees $1.99
- Monthly breakfast $2.49