Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
We gave rewards selection a makeover so you can swipe to browse your options when backing a project. Try it out and leave a review—we’d love to hear your feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Must Have New Gadget Advisor
If you don’t know about Kickstarter, you are missing out. I have made 2 purchases so far on some really cool inventions. Kickstarter gives both new and existing companies, with new products, the opportunity to test the customer market through advertisement and retail sales of new products at a discounted rate. Some products have been a bust while others far exceed what the designing companies were hoping to achieve in the way of funding. Although many products are not assembled and shipped for an extended amount of time, due to being in various stages of design, this is still a very innovative and worthwhile app to have. You’ll be glad you downloaded it. Thank you Kickstarter!
Great app overall but needs an update and ADA Accessibility options.
Great app overall. I enjoy browsing the projects, but the following updates/additional features need to be added for everyone's enjoyment and ease:
1. More search options such as keyword search, search via Voice without having to find our microphone on our keyboard, and subcategory search. Another search feature would be to be able to add search exceptions (minus keywords).
2. The ability to view updates only on a project's page versus having to scroll through an entire page again. This is assuming one is logged in.
3. ADA Accessibility options for the app, such as font size, boldness, and font type is available. I don't always have my reading glasses handy amd/or care to wear them for a quick KS browse, so it would be helpful to be able to choose my font size at least on your app.
4. It would be helpful to know under what circumstances one's credit card would have a hold put on it, when one is considering backing a project. That can make a difference between how soon one backs a possible project. After all, no one likes surprises to their finances - unless positive financial and/or FICO gain.
Additional app review very likely at the end of 2019 after maybe possibly experience having backed my first chosen project or two.
Can Be Rewarding
First of all, let me say that life as a Kickstarter backer can be very rewarding. On most weekends here in my city, there are lots of artists performing, all genre of music, several theaters... and somewhere amidst it all is a Flamenco Dance Troupe. It’s just part of a rich culture fabric. And when that Troupe dances, they are pleased to have a nice, portable, professional-style dance floor. On the back of that floor are written a bunch of names, mine included. Those are the Kickstarter backers who pledged to buy that floor and keep great Flamenco dance alive I our city. I’m not a huge Flamenco fan; it’s nice, but not my favorite. However I am glad that we have it.
A group of college students studying engineering got to send an experiment into space on a satellite. That’s not cheap, even at “student rates.” The world is better off now. The experiment explores a new technique for cooling electrics in the vacuum of space. But the world is mostly better off because five young engineers learned to work together to solve real problems.
And so many more rewarding projects.
The app itself is stable and reasonably designed.
Here is one thing I hate: to send a creator a message, the app bails you out to a website which requires that you enter your password. Because the app itself keep you logged in, I don’t know my Kickstarter password off the top of my head.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 38.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Kickstarter PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.