LanguageTool is your intelligent writing assistant for all common browsers, word processors and Macs
Using state-of-the-art technology, LanguageTool finds more errors than comparable spell checkers and additionally enriches your texts with helpful grammar and style suggestions for more than 20 languages.
The importance of written communication is increasing, especially in times where working from home is more in demand. Ensure that your writing is proficient and professional at all times by using LanguageTool to prevent embarrassing spelling mistakes and avoid colloquial phrases.
Studies have shown that impeccable grammar and sophisticated language use have a positive impact on your professional career. Don't ruin opportunities by making annoying typos.
• Grammar and style check: Get suggestions that enrich your text grammatically and stylistically
• Commas: LanguageTool reliably finds missing commas and helps to avoid misunderstandings
• Multilingual: Check texts in a variety of languages, including English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch
• Language variants: LanguageTool distinguishes between common language variants, such as American English and British English, and provides customized suggestions
• Synonyms: Get synonym suggestions for commonly used words to add variety to your word choice
• Picky mode: Get even more suggestions to help you reliably check your texts for inappropriate phrases or colloquialisms
• Salutations and names: Detect misspelled names and salutations in emails before you send them out
• Number formats: Recognition and correction of common number formats such as IBAN or ISBN
## Browser extension
The free LanguageTool browser extension does not require a user account and detects errors in almost all text fields on the web, including Google Docs, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter.
• No user account required
• Texts are never saved to protect your privacy
• Check texts in almost all text fields on the web
A free user account gives you access to the LanguageTool Editor. Benefit from the distraction-free environment of the editor and save all your texts for later use.
• Distraction-free writing environment for concentrated writing
• Save texts and notes for later
• Copy text from popular word processors (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Open Office, etc.) without losing important formatting
• Define a keyboard shortcut and open texts in the clipboard directly in the editor
• Use the "LT" icon in the menu bar of your Mac to write new texts
• Open texts from many apps directly in LanguageTool Editor by using the Share menu
Please send bug reports or questions to https://forum.languagetool.org/.
## Supported languages:
English (Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand, South Africa, USA), French, German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Asturian, Belarusian, Breton, Catalan (also Valencian), Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Galician, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Ukrainian, Arabic
With this release, the LanguageTool Editor is coming to the Mac. Write and store your texts in a distraction-free environment.
• Import and check Word documents
• Support for dark mode
• Define a custom shortcut to open any text in your clipboard directly in the LanguageTool Editor
• Open LanguageTool automatically on system launch so your texts are always just one click away
• Open new texts from the toolbar of your Mac
• Open texts from any application using the sharing menu
• One-time login: Login once with your LanguageTool Account and use your personal dictionary in both the Safari extension and Mac app.
• Support for Overleaf
Ratings and Reviews
The best grammar option for multi language
I Tried this extension in Chrome, and now on safari it's pretty useful if you write in multiple languages and want to have a clean grammar. Their dictionary is pretty good. Also the UX is very nice. I hope you keep improving this Safari version.
Good Grammar Checker
I am grateful to find a grammar checking option native to macOS for Spanish. The app is very basic and does a good job of finding rudimentary errors that this beginner of Spanish makes.
This app is disappointing in its lack of features. Having used Antidote 10 for English and French has shown what a grammar tool can be, and has soured me to all other options. If Antidote added Spanish, I'd pay any sum within reason to purchase it and discontinue LanguageTool.
Una aplicación esencial
Genial. Esta aplicación es esencial para cualquier escritor, bloguero, periodista, estudiante… en realidad, para cualquier persona que desee verificar, corregir y mejorar su escritura. Las distintas opciones para crear y corregir un buen texto la hace excelente. Para mí, lo mejor es que la aplicación/extensión es compatible con el castellano (o español).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LanguageTooler GmbH
- 21.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 LanguageTooler GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription $19.99
- Premium Yearly Subscription $59.99
- Premium 3-Month Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.