Letterboxd for iOS puts the popular social network for film lovers on your iPhone or iPad, so you can log films and catch up on your friends’ activity with ease.
Sign in with your existing account (or create one for free) to enjoy our all-new native interface. These features of the web experience are supported, with more to come:
– Sign in (with 1Password support) or create an account
– Browse popular, highly rated and most anticipated films (including our official list of the Top 250 Narrative Features)
– Log films with date, rating, review and tags
– View film info (including cast & crew, popular lists and reviews) and rate, like, watchlist or mark as watched
– View (and filter) your activity feed
– Read and comment on reviews and lists
– Create and edit lists
– View member profiles including films, reviews, diary entries, tags, stats and more
– Follow members to see their activity in your feed
– Filter and sort collections of films based on specific criteria
– Search for films, content and people
– Edit your profile settings
Our app offers account upgrades as follows:
– Upgrade to 1 Year of Letterboxd Pro or Patron
– Pro tier adds annual and all-time stats pages based on your account activity, advanced activity and streaming service filters (including the option to pick and filter by the streaming services you subscribe to, powered by JustWatch.com), list cloning and removes third-party ads.
– Patron tier provides all the benefits of Pro, plus a profile backdrop taken from the first of your four favorite films (if available), a listing on the Patrons page of our website and early access to new features.
– Payment is charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm purchase and your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is disabled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for a renewal up to 24 hours before the end of each current period, at the same annual fee.
– You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewals in the App Store app following purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We welcome your feedback regarding Letterboxd for iOS. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Adds support for requesting permanent deletion of your Letterboxd account
– Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The first thing we want to do after seeing a movie is talk about it, and Letterboxd is a great place to connect with fellow film buffs. With this slick, streamlined app, we can easily share lists and reviews—and comment on friends’ updates—from the couch or the movie-theater lobby. If you’re serious about cinema, you’ll feel right at home.
I love this app so much
I cannot sing the praises of this app enough! I love it so much and it came at a great time in my life because just as I found myself getting more and more invested in film and whatnot a friend of mine introduced me to it. I’m a big fan of the idea of being able to write reviews as well as rate movies and denote whether or not you liked them. The app/website as a whole is a great experience and I wish more of my friends would get it. The only thing I would suggest is that you guys implement an ability to turn on notifications for when certain accounts have certain interactions. For instance, I would like to be able to turn on notifications on my friend’s account so I can know when she writes a review, adds a movie to her watch list, has just seen a movie, or even just rated it. If you guys could add this feature I think it’d go a long way and people would like doing that with some of the more notable users on the app or even just their followers/following. Beyond that though, like I said I absolutely love the app and have next to no complaints about it!
THE Film Companion
This app is incredible. If you’re a casual film fan or a dedicated film buff, everyone can find something to love about this app/service. The app itself is clean, modern, and easy to use.
I continue to recommend it to all my family and friends who love discussing movies that they should get on the app. You get to search for movies, log when you’ve seen them, review them, and see what your friends or family have seen. In fact, a few times, my Letterboxd reviews are used against me when we have in-person discussions. All in good fun though.
My favorite feature is the Film Diary. I started using this app around the time I got MoviePass (RIP, not really) and AMC A-List. It gave me a way to keep track of the movies I saw without relying on ticket stubs. It allowed me to easily tag the movies with things like where I saw them, what type of theater (Dolby, IMAX, etc...), and what chain.
Another great thing about it is the ease and portability. I used to always want to review movies, but after driving or commuting home, I would forget some of what I wanted to say. Not a problem with the app as I can sit down for a few minutes after the movies over and jot down my thoughts.
One thing I would like to see, though I understand why they haven’t implemented, is the ability to review TV Shows. I understand it would be hard because of the fact that it’s hard to review a show with multiple episodes since each episode may be of different quality. But maybe someday.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Letterboxd Ltd
- 45.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Letterboxd
- In-App Purchases
- Letterboxd Pro (1 Year) $18.99
- Letterboxd Patron (1 Year) $48.99