The POS system preferred by serious retailers in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed retail POS is more than just a cash register. It’s a smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale system with built-in features like inventory management, detailed reporting, customer management, multi-location compatibility, employee management, and so much more, all on the cloud.
The app centralizes everything your staff needs based on their role. Now, cashiers have their own intuitive profile tab in POS-mode that lets them focus on sales, and managers can toggle into the Manager tab to perform daily tasks. This split-functionality minimizes distractions and potential for mistakes and requires almost no training time for new employees.
Complete transactions and instantly access your sales data from anywhere, so you can spend more time focusing on what’s most important—your customers.
- Complete transactions from anywhere in your store to reduce wait times.
- Snap pictures of new stock straight from the sales screen.
- Perform on-the-spot returns, accept gift cards, apply discounts and sell on-account.
- Send receipts via email.
- Process special orders, layaways, and work orders.
Manage inventory and collections
- Sell bundled, serialized or unique items.
- Easily manage multiple variations of the same product.
- Import up to 1,000 new items in 1 click.
- Combine purchasing, transferring, and multiple vendors into one master order.
Track data and performance
- Track sales and inventory with reports on profits and fluctuations over time.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Detect trends in your stock movement and learn what your top performers are.
- Get a clear view of your customers’ needs and shopping habits.
Take care of customers
- Track sales history to improve your shopping experience and personalize your sales approach.
- Record relevant customer information to better inform your targeting decisions.
- Collect emails to send current promotions and new arrival notifications to customers.
Provide employees with easy-to-use tools
- Empower your staff with an intuitive, easy-to-learn app. Minimal training required.
- Simplify your cashiers’ workflow with one screen for everything they need to open and close their day.
- Create a simple and logical workflow tailored to your business.
- Track sales and performance reports per employee.
- Limit access to refunds, products, pricing, or sales data with custom user permissions.
Supercharge the POS with integrations
- Sell in-store and online with Lightspeed’s fully integrated eCommerce solution, Lightspeed eCom.
- Drive more repeat business and build long-term customer relationships with Lightspeed Loyalty.
- Build your perfect system with over 250 integration options.
Add hardware and payment processing
- Lightspeed Payments: 2.6% + 10¢ - one rate per transaction for swipe, dip or tap—no matter the card type, no matter the sale amount.
- Connect external hardware like Bluetooth barcode scanners, receipt printers, and cash drawers.
- Reduce credit card fraud with EMV-compatible hardware.
Get free onboarding and 24/7 support
- Receive a personalized one-on-one onboarding session with a Retail POS expert.
- Call or chat with support agents 24/7.
Lightspeed POS is the perfect fit for:
Bike and sporting goods
Fashion and apparel
Jewelry and accessories
Pets and supplies
Toys and hobbies
Fitness and supplements
Wine, spirits, and liquor
Health and beauty
Ask our friendly retail POS pros. Call 1-855-251-0441 or go to our support center for helpful tips, training videos, and system updates.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t get tied to a desk!
We love using this app for our business because it has most of the functionality we need from the desktop software, with no desk needed! Inventory counts, work orders, sales and more. Just make sure your hardware is fairly robust as running it on our older iPad Minis could sometimes chug. It’s a big, robust application and if you can run it, it can allow for a lot of flexibility in the way your business operates. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it replaces the desktop experience totally, but it supplements it in a very useful way in our experience.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback.
Great interface. Constantly improving
I have been using this app for over two years. It is a wonderful interface for my retail store. The few things it didn’t do I found a work around. They are constantly updating it, improving it, adding more features. It handles inventory wonderfully and makes check out a breeze. If there was one improvement I would want would be a way to have gift certificates without having to use some third party gift card provider. I use a work around for this, but it should be a part of the system to have your own gift certificates and an easy way to keep track of it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing your feedback about what works well for you in Lightspeed.
Version 3 is Much Better!
Been using Lightspeed for over a year, and while I thought it was okay, I always felt like the multiple side menus was confusing. Version 3 fixes that. The dark mode will be a little jarring at first, but after a short time poking around it’s obvious that the previous version required many unnecessary taps. In Version 3, it’s all in front of you, just decide what you want to do with one tap at the bottom (instead of two or three taps on the side), and you’re there already.
Kudos to the Lightspeed team!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.