Every great idea starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful brainstorming app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Create an outline for an organized, hierarchical view, and observe how it grows as a mind map. Use the mind map to visually rearrange nodes and add new thoughts. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head the way you want to.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Mind map and outline side-by-side. Concentrate on one thought at a time with Focus Mode, Visual Tags, and foldable branches.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your document with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your idea will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your idea as text, image, and to many other file formats.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. Store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes, as well as importing and exporting files.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Outlining, Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images, and links to nodes
• Outlining: create your document using a hierarchical, organized approach
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your mind map
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at email@example.com and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
This update fixes a crash on the iPad and further improves the outline.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when opening two documents side-by-side on iPad
• Fixed displaying Export and Print actions when a node is selected
• Fixed outline filtering settings in Free Editor and Legacy mode
• Hid actions that require a MindNode Plus subscription for Legacy customers
• Improved outline Scribble interaction
Ratings and Reviews
Articulating a complex idea can be a challenge, but fortunately MindNode—which simplifies a technique known as mind-mapping—can make the process a whole lot easier. The app lets you create a diagram where an overarching idea branches off into related ones. You’ll be able to zero in on specifics and zoom out to see the entire concept in all its complexity.
Unbelievable new upgrades! ❤️
I used to subscribe and use mind node about3-4 years ago already (apparently under another email than my current one since I had to purchase again) However,
I am soooo much more in love with it! I’m on the spectrum and processing thoughts is difficult and time consuming for me. I write and use several writing apps /word documents but nothing is even close to this app! It’s one of a kind ...still. I use mind node template for everything and now there’s so much more it can do! It will take me weeks to learn it due to my learning curve. But it will be a daily for me. It helps me organize and prioritize my thoughts and ideas which is a difficulty for some on the spectrum. Thank you mind node- you are once again my go to app for brainstorming and capturing ideas - providing a space for me to see my thoughts and ideas more clearly. I will use this for my everyday life. It reminds me of the “nursing process” template that I used in nursing school 😅ty mind node!❤️
Developer Response ,
Oh wow! ❤️ Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Regards,
A great program but Be careful if you use this with iCloud
I have been using this program since it was first introduced. Until now I have used it for every condition where I needed to relate unrelated things. As promised, I am rewriting my review since the app support people discovered that my problems are not caused by this app. I had begun using iCloud with all my MindNode documents. One document, in particular, I updated daily and frequently updated from different devices. My problem occurred because iCloud did not handle my more complex documents property. Worse than wrecking my document, iCloud is set up to delete any documents that iCloud does not control. So if I turn off iCloud from holding and updating my MindNode documents I cannot recover them to my local device (iPad or iPhone). There are tricks I could play to keep or recover a single document, but I have over 30 MindNode documents so that is impractical.
The MindNode support staff were extremely helpful and emailed me with questions until they narrowed the problem to iCloud. From there they had no suggestions except to not keep my documents in the cloud. I will continue to use MindNode if or when I can get my documents back, but I won’t create new documents or update existing ones until iCloud is out of the picture.
Solved my iCloud issue by emailing my MindNode documents to myself. Then turned iCloud off.
Developer Response ,
Again, very sorry we couldn't be of more help! Hope you have lovely holidays! Regards,
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 58.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Legacy Upgrade Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.