Create surreal Inception-like videos by choosing from a collection of reality distortion effects and color looks – all with live camera preview. Or take captivating stills using the same effects and looks, both in standard or square format. You’ll be surprised how easy and inspring it is!
* Now over 33,000 users! *
TechRadar: "The best iPhone apps we've used in 2019".
Tapsmart: "Best of 2018: 10 apps and games you can't afford to miss".
• Record video or take photos with effects and looks added in real time.
• Choose between 33 reality bending distortion effects.
• Choose between 36 beautiful color looks for both video and stills.
• Shoot, edit and export videos and photos in both standard and square format.
• Non destructive re-editing of any effect or look for both videos and photos.
• Import and add effects and looks to videos and photos created with other apps.
• Slow-motion feature. Record in up to 120 frames per second.
• Export videos in a frame rate of your choice.
• All photos can be exported to non-destructive PNG-format for maximum quality.
• Highest possible video bitrate for maximum quality.
• 4K video support (iPhone 7 and later).
App Store features:
"App of the Day" in 19 countries.
Featured in "Today" 10 times in 55 countries.
You can find lots of user created examples here:
Or just search Instagram for "nceptionapp".
Share your own creations to #nceptionapp on Instagram.
There's also a link to Instagram #nceptionapp in the "INSPIRATION" section of the app.
••• Frequently Asked Questions •••
• Can I import images and videos with custom resolutions?
Absolutely. This also works for pictures that you have cropped or edited within the iPhone's native library.
• Why is there no audio in my Nception video?
Nception videos are always recorded with audio. However, the sound is muted by default. You can enable audio for any previously recorded video in the “MY NCEPTIONS” view. Just select your silent video, tap the pencil icon to edit, and then tap on the speaker icon to turn the audio on.
• How do I remove a color look?
Choose your video in “MY NCEPTIONS”, tap edit (the pencil icon), tap the color looks icon and then the reset icon “/“.
• How do I activate slow motion recording?
In the “VIDEO” view, just tap the frame rate icon (24/30/60/120) to select your preferred recording frame rate. The higher the frame rate while recording, the slower the video will appear when played back at a lower frame rate.
• Does Nception support 4K video?
Nception supports 4K in-app video recording at 30 fps on iPhone 7 and later. You can switch between HD (1080p) and 4K (2160p) in the "VIDEO" section.
• Can I backup or clear my Nception Library?
You can access all your original Nception-photos and videos if you connect your iPhone with iTunes. Copy them to any folder you like for backup - or delete them if you want a fast way to clear your Nception Library. Every Nception consists of three files, all starting with the same file name, so just make sure you select all three of them before backup or deletion. And as always, make sure to back up your iPhone before deleting anything.
• Will there be more distortion filters, color looks and other features anytime soon?
Absolutely! We’re constantly updating Nception with new features and enhancements.
Send your suggestions or any questions to email@example.com - we'd love to help you out.
Have fun! :)
/The Nception Team
Improvements and updates:
• You can now select multiple Nceptions when exporting or deleting.
• It’s now possible to lock the camera auto-adjustments when recording.
• You now have the option to export photos in PNG and HEIC format.
• Video bitrate is now at maximum for highest possible quality.
• You can now record at 24 frames per second.
• You can now export videos at custom frame rates.
• Stability and performance enhancements.
• Fixes photo import issues on some iPhone models.
Ratings and Reviews
I think is a great app
I personally believe that the app is great, it does have some space for improvement, but in general lines is a great app for a great price.
If any were to ask me what is this app missing, I would say that the option to import images from other folder in your phone (Dropbox, screenshots, etc). Also I love the inspiration tab, it does give you a great idea of the potential of the app, the app should allow you to maybe submit your work to be featured every week or something.
Besides that, I think the app is good as it is, the UI is easy to navigate and minimal enough to make it look good. I really love the app, great job.
Spend Two Bucks, What Now?
Okay, I can see that this is a fairly new app in the App Store. Granted, why the two dollars if it’s not even remotely good enough to pay for. I do not see the slow motion feature due to lack of instructions and whereabouts of different buttons. No flash on videos? So can’t film in dark rooms. Says to choose your own photos and videos, click it and it gives you a choice of 10 pictures you took on a Tuesday at your grandmothers, you know what I mean? Not good ones. If you’re idealizing this app to become a bigger and better app, then take the price away. We’re not paying for a very high quality app, I could put my phone up to a Kaleidoscope and get the same result. That’s all I’m saying. If you’re having ya pay, and saying it’s the “Rate for Newcomers” that means it’s gonna get more expensive? You know how I would pay for it? If you could have it as an app, but it would work directly with your preinstalled camera on your IOS device. That would be perfect. You could easily go from photo to video and then to Nception with ease. I’m going to keep it though. I’m hoping to see updates so good luck! We’ll see how it is later down the line. 😌
Developer Response ,
Hey AustinAllan! Try updating to Nception 1.2.2. We've fixed most issues you are having. Warm regards, /The Nception Team
The main reason I downloaded was under the assumption I could edit my own work using several videos or photos-I can’t.
It’s one image/video only.
For me that is limiting because there’s not much creative control if the app is doing all the work on ONE image! Fairly limited presets with warps and filters too.
I agree with a lot of what’s already been said.
Room for serious improvement and new content/controls! Specifically the record requirements. I can’t even open certain photos unless mic is accessed! I don’t like recording onboard sound and I won’t use it (that’s post work!) yet I can’t record videos w/o access- this has to change!
There should be a ‘curves’ control to make it do whatever I want, not just presets. As well I should be able to transpose and blend several images/vids together!
Interestingly, “Inspiration “ section shows other videos and there is no way to create an account (have my name associated with my creation or knowledge if/can be included in that section if I choose to) yet these inspirational examples I assume are those from the developers themselves?
I’ll keep it for now but will delete if it doesn’t improve.
Developer Response ,
Hi sn-sgu! We're very sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with Nception. Try updating to Nception 1.3 where we've improved on several things you had issues with - and hopefully you will find it less limiting. Warm regards, /The Nception Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.