Powerful digital note-taking for professionals and students.
Driven by the world’s most accurate handwriting recognition in 66 languages, Nebo wins back time from your workflow.
Create handwritten notes and diagrams, sketch ideas and import images, then convert your work to clean, editable and shareable content.
CAPTURE IDEAS AND INFORMATION IN ANY SITUATION
• Use your pen¹ to take notes.
• Draw sketches or interactive diagrams to quickly write down ideas and develop them further. You can also easily annotate images.
• Easily switch between your pen¹ and your keyboard, and take your notes even faster.
EDIT AND TRANSFORM IN NO TIME
• Structure your notes with paragraphs and lists. Create titles and highlight text using intuitive gestures.
• Convert your handwriting with confidence using the most powerful recognition engine.
• Complete your document by pasting text copied from other apps.
SHARE AND REUSE EASILY
• Publish your notes on nebo.app to be viewed from anywhere.
• Convert your note instantly into Word, text, PDF or HTML format. Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Store your notebooks in collections and search for handwritten ink and typed text across all notes in your library.
** Best App 2017 CES Mobile Apps Showdown **
** Featured by Apple as "Perfect with Apple Pencil" **
** For note takers with needs that go beyond the basic — Techradar, 2019 **
*** Detailed feature list ***
• Edit and format with your pen¹ — Write, add or remove content and space, decorate and apply styles using MyScript Interactive Ink technology.
• Switch between pen and keyboard — Add content or edit existing text with your keyboard, whether it is handwritten or converted. Select and copy/paste text in Nebo or to any other app.
• Draft sections — Quickly mix handwritten text, shapes and drawings. Copy the content to any page or other apps.
• Create interactive diagrams — Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Draw free elements — Sketch freely in your note.
• Annotate pictures — Add an image from Photos or a picture from your camera and use your pen to annotate them.
• Work with smart math — Develop your handwritten equations and matrices across several lines. Solve your calculations. Copy them as LaTeX or as images.
• Auto-layout — The page expands as you write and reflows the text to preserve the optimal size for any screen width.
• Paste external text — Copy/paste text from any app. You can even add it inside your handwritten paragraphs.
• Backup — Store full backups of your notes wherever you want and restore them in Nebo.
• Manage your notes — Organize your pages in notebooks and collections. Move your notes from one notebook or collection to another, in the most intuitive and fluid manner.
• Search — Find handwritten ink and text across all notes in your library, including in your diagrams.
• Dictionary - Add custom words like names or technical terms to improve their recognition.
• Export — Decide where to take your notes next: Export pages as Word (.docx), text, PDF or HTML.
• Publish your pages - Share your notes on nebo.app. Limit access to a list of contacts or allow anyone to view your note.
• Sync — Sync your notes with iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox.
For assistance using the app or to request new features, contact Nebo support: https://app-support.myscript.com/
¹An Apple Pencil (or compatible) is required to handwrite in Nebo. More details on https://myscri.pt/pens.
** Multi-level lists **
Create bulleted or numbered lists and adjust the indentation via the edit menu.
** Indented text blocks **
Create an indented text block and adjust the indentation via the edit menu.
** Improved block reordering **
Drop a block between two adjacent blocks without the need to create extra space.
** Vertical space **
Long press with two fingers to adjust vertical spacing between blocks, within sections or within most objects.
** Text display **
Adjust line height and base font size for optimal writing or reading comfort.
** Smarter recognition **
Thanks to those users who share their notes with us! Our enriched recognition engine now captures writing in Malagasy and Vietnamese more accurately than ever.
Stability improvements and bug fixes. Thank you for reporting your issues.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
DIDN’T REALIZE I NEEDED IT!
I’ve downloaded several notetaking apps, with Notability being my favorite. The coversion to text for most apps leaves a bit to be desired. However, that didn’t bother me since I really didn’t see the need. I type well, and just figured it’s easier to type. Most apps do an ok job identifying my poor writing. Turns out, I was wrong! It’s NOT easier to type! This things has changed how I take notes, write emails and other tasks.
Nebo comes real close to identifying everything I write, and even gets right when I want all caps. It makes a few mistakes, but not many. Matter of fact, it’s more accurate than my typing accuracy. I’m using it now not so much for my actual note taking, but I’m using it for writing emails, and long text messages. Some notes I need to forward or add to documents, I also use this app. If you’re sitting on the fense about this one, stop and just get it. It’s slowly replacing my keyboard (I don’t use a keyboard case with my iPad Pro 12.9 - Zugu case).
My favorite note app
There is only a few tiny things that would make this app perfect and first would be to have multiple styles of paper to choose from with different paper rules... college versus wide for example and changing paper colors. I am using this app more than any other since it has the best features and most natural intuitive functions but the rule of the line height is a bit too wide on a 12.9 iPad for long hand writing and to narrow for wanting to take fast notes. I would love to have the ability to have more than one small note pad or two on one sheet. Second would be to able to turn off or lock the keyboard and eraser button from changing. My hand naturally hits the screen and finger sometimes double taps when readjusting my hand causing me to pause multiple times while writing in order to switch back, while just a few split seconds, it messes with your focus while writing. But regardless... this will be my go to app forever. I have tried several note apps and this ones is by far one of the very best out there and I really do love it and well thought out app, I hope these developers create even more awesome products with same attention to detail and user experience as they have with this product.
Works OK as a stand alone app, sync needs work though
The handwriting recognition works as well as any app I’ve tried on an iPad Pro. But the lack of iCloud sync is a big inconvenience. If you have your other Apple devices set up to use iCloud sync, then Nebo's separate “cloud sync”is a cumbersome set of extra steps, requiring additional user IDs/accounts, and external services that would all be seamless if the app just supported iCloud. Disappointing for an otherwise well-designed app.
The other SERIOUS gap in this app’s capabilities is that it does not seem to be compatible with any Bluetooth keyboard. This prevents NEBO from being a single app for all note-taking needs. With the way I use my iPad Pro, I take notes BOTH with the Apple Pencil, and sometimes with the IOS on-screen keyboard and sometimes with a separate Bluetooth keyboard, depending on the setting I am in at the time. This app does not support anything other than handwriting input. So you will still need another vendor’s note-taking app (like Evernote, OneNote, or Apple’s IOS Notes to make your iPad a true notebook replacement. Too bad, because if NEBO simply added these other input options, it would be all many people would need for note taking (other than perhaps a dedicated sketching app if artistic drawing is a requirement)
Developer Response ,
Hi Slimbergh, thanks for your interest in Nebo. Here is Nebo April release (1.9): many of you asked for more Cloud services. We’ve added iСloud for iOS & Google Drive for iOS & Windows. Please note that we sync with iCloud: notes you sync will not be visible in iCloud Drive. Neither Google Drive. Thanks also for your other feedback. Enjoy Nebo with iCloud! Nat from MyScript
- 157.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 MyScript. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Nebo Pro $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.