Best night photos on your iPhone, powered by AI.
Deemed as the best iPhone camera app for night photos by 9to5Mac.
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker / Product Hunt "#1 Product of The Day"
“There’s no question that low-light images captured with NeuralCam look markedly better overall than ones taken with the iPhone’s integrated camera app, if not perfect.”
“NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
The Next Web:
“The good thing is you can run it even if you have a model as old as an iPhone 6. (..) Pretty useful in extremely dark conditions.”
NeuralCam is the Night Mode camera app for your iPhone. Shoot vivid, brighter and clearer images in low light conditions, with no tripod or other equipment needed.
NeuralCam blends computational photography and machine learning to bring the most out of your low-light shots.
How it works:
- Open the app and hold your camera steady for a few seconds as you take the photo.
- NeuralCam captures a varying number of frames and uses advanced image processing algorithms and machine learning to intelligently merge the frames and brighten the colours to obtain a single high-quality image.
- Image processing completes in a few seconds (this might vary depending on your device type).
- The result: a clearer, brighter, sharper, more defined, and colourful image.
- Swipe down on the photo to go back to camera view
NeuralCam - Night Camera helps you shoot:
- Beautiful night photos
- Night selfies without using flash
- Macros in low light settings
Tag your unedited photos with the #neuralcam hashtag or send us your best shots at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to get featured on our social channels. You can also send us your feedback at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
- The handheld results have blown me away. Absolutely worth the price.
- Blows the regular camera out of the park for night shots, I have had nothing but awesome results. Genuinely impressed, no brainer.
- Excellent algorithm! Undoubtedly the best app for low light photos!
- Really amazed at how well it brightens the picture. Colours and clarity are surprisingly great.
- The one camera app to rule them all, amazing night shots.
- I bought it rather skeptically. When I saw the results I couldn’t believe my eyes, you have to try it to understand what I mean.
- On my iPhone XS, comparing the default camera with NeuralCam is like comparing chalk & cheese. Well done NeuralCam
- True NightSight competitor.
- Without a doubt the best app to take photos in low light, and I bought and tried them all!
- Gives new life to an already accomplished iPhone XS camera. This really is like magic.
- This app is hands-down the best low light app I’ve ever used on iOS, and the most similar to Google’s NightSight.
Technical details about NeuralCam:
- The app works on iPhone 6 and newer devices, running iOS 12. It doesn’t work on iPhone 5s
- Speed, performance and photo resolution varies across different devices
- The app is compatible with both front- and back-facing cameras of the smartphone. For iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, the front-facing camera isn’t supported at the moment
- You don’t need to create an account to use the app
- All image processing happens on the device, ensuring the privacy of your images
- GPS Data Support
- EXIF Data Support
- Telephoto Lens (2X) Support
- Grid on/off toggle
List of supported devices and photo output resolutions for the current version:
1280 x 960 - iPhone 6
1280 x 960 - iPhone 6 Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 6s
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 6s Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone SE
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 7
2576 x 1932 - iPhone 7 Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 8
2576 x 1932 - iPhone 8 Plus
2576 x 1932 - iPhone X
3088 x 2320 - iPhone XR
4032 x 3024 - iPhone XS
4032 x 3024 - iPhone XS Max
We heard you! The UI update we did in the last update didn't really fit the bill, so we've changed the UI (again!), hopefully this will be more to our users' liking. We also fixed a small bug for the Telephoto Lens.
Enjoy NeuralCam and feel free to send us photos at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to see what you can shoot!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely worth $2.99
This review will sound negative in the beginning but it isn’t, I am a fan of this app.
I am sure there are dozens if not more camera apps that will allow a user to adjust the aperture, shutter speed and ISO of the iPhone camera. I probably have 3-4 on my phone right now. All of those apps make this app completely unnecessary.
That said, I rarely want to take the time to do that on my iPhone. That is what I have an expensive DSLR for.
So if I have apps that do what this app does and I have a DSLR that does what this app does, why do I really like this app?
Cause it is simple and it works. I bought this app this morning and then my family and I visited 2 museums that did not allow flash photography. These weren’t pitch black museums but they needed a flash. It was so nice to open this app and take a picture and have the app work each and every time. And for me, what was impressive was that the light was very well balanced with no bright spots or over-dark shadows and the contrast had sufficient range as well.
Now I admit I have not blown these up yet in Photoshop and examined them at 300% but if you want a low light app that will extend the range of your iPhone without you having to think or take a test shot or two, spend the $2.99, it is more than worth it.
Works great and support responded immediately
Been really impressed with the results so far. Side by side pics of this vs artificially blowing things out in post process shows that you can definitely get much better results using NeuralCam.
I emailed asking for more clarification on the privacy statement and was assured that everything is done locally and that they don’t store images on their side. I’ve been watching the data used under Settings / Cellular / Cellular Data and this confirmed that images were being stored and handled locally only. I really appreciated the quick response from them.
Developer Response ,
Hey Alexis, thanks for the warm review! We're committed to keep the privacy of our users' data in check, so none of the users have to worry about their data being used with malicious purposes. A lot of apps out there do it, but not us ;) Cheers! -Alex
Great app for lowlight!
I’ve been debating on exchanging my iPhone 8 for a Pixel just for the night site alone. For me this keeps me with my iPhone 8. My only complaints are I wish it exported at a higher resolution for the iPhone 8. Also some of the lighter objects in dark environments get blown out. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the lower resolution output, but I wish it was better optimized for the iPhone 8. I’ll look forward hopefully to improvements through future updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.