Best night photos on your iPhone, powered by AI. Now supporting the iPhone 11 Ultra-Wide camera as well.
Deemed as the best iPhone camera app for night photos by 9to5Mac.
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker / Product Hunt "#1 Product of The Day"
“There’s no question that low-light images captured with NeuralCam look markedly better overall than ones taken with the iPhone’s integrated camera app, if not perfect.”
“NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
The Next Web:
“The good thing is you can run it even if you have a model as old as an iPhone 6. (..) Pretty useful in extremely dark conditions.”
NeuralCam is the Night Mode camera app for your iPhone. Shoot vivid, brighter and clearer images in low light conditions, with no tripod or other equipment needed.
NeuralCam blends computational photography and machine learning to bring the most out of your low-light shots.
How it works:
- Open the app and hold your camera steady for a few seconds as you take the photo.
- NeuralCam captures a varying number of frames and uses advanced image processing algorithms and machine learning to intelligently merge the frames and brighten the colors to obtain a single high-quality image.
- Image processing completes in a few seconds
- The result: a clearer, brighter, sharper, more defined, and colorful image.
- Swipe down on the photo to go back to camera view
NeuralCam - Night Camera helps you shoot:
- Beautiful photos in the dark
- Night selfies without using flash
- Macros in low light settings
- Ultra-Wide landscapes at night
Tag your photos with the #neuralcam hashtag or send us your best shots at firstname.lastname@example.org to get featured on our social channels. You can also send us your feedback at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
- The handheld results have blown me away. Absolutely worth the price.
- Blows the regular camera out of the park for night shots, I have had nothing but awesome results. Genuinely impressed, no brainer.
- Excellent algorithm! Undoubtedly the best app for low light photos!
- The one camera app to rule them all, amazing night shots.
- On my iPhone XS, comparing the default camera with NeuralCam is like comparing chalk & cheese. Well done NeuralCam
- True NightSight competitor.
- Without a doubt the best app to take photos in low light, and I bought and tried them all!
- Gives new life to an already accomplished iPhone XS camera. This really is like magic.
- This app is hands-down the best low light app I’ve ever used on iOS, and the most similar to Google’s NightSight.
- The app works on iPhone 6 and newer devices, running iOS 12 or newer. It doesn’t work on iPhone 5s
- Speed, performance and photo resolution varies across different devices
- The app is compatible with all iPhone cameras: Ultra-Wide, Wide, Front-Facing and Telephoto, based on the device model you're using
- For iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, the front-facing camera isn’t supported at the moment
- All image processing happens on the device, ensuring the privacy of your images
- GPS Data Support
- EXIF Data Support
- Telephoto Lens (2X) Support
- Ultra-Wide Lens (0.5X) Support
- Grid options (3:3 / 4:4 / Golden Ratio)
- HEIC Output Support
- Timer (Off / 2 seconds/ 10 seconds)
- Tripod Mode (long exposure)
List of supported devices and photo output resolutions:
1280 x 960 - iPhone 6
1280 x 960 - iPhone 6 Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 6s
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 6s Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone SE
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 7
2576 x 1932 - iPhone 7 Plus
1920 x 1440 - iPhone 8
2576 x 1932 - iPhone 8 Plus
2576 x 1932 - iPhone X
3088 x 2320 - iPhone XR
4032 x 3024 - iPhone XS
4032 x 3024 - iPhone XS Max
4032 x 3024 - iPhone 11
4032 x 3024 - iPhone 11 Pro
4032 x 3024 - iPhone 11 Pro Max
Tripod mode, updated Focus functionality and an improved UI, all the new stuff in NeuralCam 1.3
- Tripod mode - We enabled long exposure using the Tripod mode functionality. If it's dark enough, the Tripod feature will become available through the Tripod icon displayed top-right and you can use it to capture even brighter, higher quality photos at night. We recommend placing the iPhone on a tripod to make the best use of this feature
- Updated Focus - We changed the behavior of the Focus functionality: you can now move the slider left/right to adjust the focus (compared to the previous implementation, where you had to tap on the Focus yellow triangle in order to adjust the Focus)
- Improved UI - All the icons have been changed to better reflect the NeuralCam brand, along with the Library Preview which is now visible bottom-left
Amaze us with your night photos! Send any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on our social media channels! Enjoy using NeuralCam.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iPhone Night Mode vs NeuralCam
I originally purchased NeuralCam to use on the XS Max as I didn’t know if I wanted to get an 11 Pro yet. For the XS Max (and probably all other iPhones prior to the 11) this app is amazing! Having the ability to shoot night/dark setting photos without having to upgrade is great. However, I did wonder how this app stacked up to iPhones official night mode. Well I upgraded to an 11 Pro Max, and the results are very close. iPhones night mode is amazing, but NeuralCam holds its own. The big differences I was able to see is that neuralcam takes a little bit longer to focus and process the picture than iPhones night mode. The results are pretty much the same, except I can’t tell if Neuralcam’s results are just a smidge darker or if they’re adding this warm tone to the picture. Either way, it’s a great purchase if your not going to be upgrading to an 11 but want night mode shooting. But I’d say even with the iPhone 11 it’d be worth a purchase since it does let you do night mode shooting with the ultra wide lens, and iPhones night mode won’t let you do that yet.
Absolutely worth $2.99
This review will sound negative in the beginning but it isn’t, I am a fan of this app.
I am sure there are dozens if not more camera apps that will allow a user to adjust the aperture, shutter speed and ISO of the iPhone camera. I probably have 3-4 on my phone right now. All of those apps make this app completely unnecessary.
That said, I rarely want to take the time to do that on my iPhone. That is what I have an expensive DSLR for.
So if I have apps that do what this app does and I have a DSLR that does what this app does, why do I really like this app?
Cause it is simple and it works. I bought this app this morning and then my family and I visited 2 museums that did not allow flash photography. These weren’t pitch black museums but they needed a flash. It was so nice to open this app and take a picture and have the app work each and every time. And for me, what was impressive was that the light was very well balanced with no bright spots or over-dark shadows and the contrast had sufficient range as well.
Now I admit I have not blown these up yet in Photoshop and examined them at 300% but if you want a low light app that will extend the range of your iPhone without you having to think or take a test shot or two, spend the $2.99, it is more than worth it.
Great creation, just needs some UX polish
Kudos to the people who created this — I really appreciate the technology and efforts that went into making this.
I think the user experience could use some polish. First, after taking a picture, the entire app is blocked by a loading indicator that says “Processing” — perhaps this can be done in the background? At the very least, continuing to show the live viewfinder would be nice. Blocking the entire experience for 5+ seconds after every shot feels like a very choppy picture-taking experience.
Second, as someone who doesn’t use Instagram, the dedicated button in the in-app gallery is just extra noise. It seems redundant given that there’s a share button right next to it (and maybe this could be changed to the generic iOS share icon, rather than a “reply” icon).
That being said, this really is a great app, congratulations to the creators of it!
Developer Response ,
Hey kiwiko, thanks for the quality feedback! The UX is definitely something we're trying to improve, but it will take some time to add on top of what we already built. Regarding data privacy, we do not store or use your data, the only data we gather is the app usage in order to have statistics about our users (stuff like numbers of photos taken, location, etc), but this data is aggregated and cannot be traced back to a specific user. -Alex
- Halcyon Products SRL
- 227.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Halcyon Products SRL
- In-App Purchases
- NeuralCam Pro Monthly $4.99
- NeuralCam Pro Yearly $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.