Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice and top ranked app worldwide on App Store, regularly #1.
Students, teachers, artists, and professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. Notes are just the beginning; find inspiration, capture ideas, and unleash your creativity with Notability.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Instantly create notes from a selection of templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics/tags, save your favorites for later, and download notes!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy the Notability experience with limited editing and features.
Unlock unlimited note taking and premium content with a Notability annual subscription. Subscribers have access to:
• Unlimited edits, Auto Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners, journals, stickers, and much more!
Subscription auto-renews unless cancelled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices may vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach out to our team at email@example.com
Visit notability.com to learn more, or connect with us @notabilityapp on Instagram and Twitter.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 11.0.6 ***
- Fixed an issue where the content of some notes could be shifted offscreen. You can use iCloud version history to recover problematic notes. Don't hesitate to reach out to support if you need help
- Fixed an issue that prevented some subjects to be unlocked
*** Bug fixes in 11.0.5 ***
- Fixed excessive downloads & storage of Notability Plus assets
- Notes with groups are now much faster to load (requires re-saving)
- Fixed an issue where a page could be pasted unrotated
- Fixed an issue where the page height would be incorrect after a rotation
- Fixed an issue where the custom color picker wouldn't be sized correctly
- You can now swipe to go back in Settings and Notability Plus on iPhone.
- Miscellaneous other minor bug fixes
- Fixed several crashes and improved stability
*** What's new in 11.0 ***
The next generation of Notability is here! Notability is now free to download with top features you've been waiting for.
Organization inside Notability just got easier. You can now create dividers inside dividers and also create subjects with the same name!
You can create new notes from a template with our fresh new template menu. From managing your daily-todo's, monthly finances to creating new music – you can do it all within Notability.
Page Manager Bulk Actions
Our Page Manager just got an upgrade. Apply bulk actions to multiple pages using our new, sleek, expandable view. You can also copy and move pages from one note to another!
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Overall, A Really great app
Something that I really liked about notability was the simple and intuitive layout. This made it really easy for me to organize my notes and help me maintain order with my notes. Another thing that I really liked was all of the new updates that really helped with making things run more smoothly (i.e. the favorites bar, being able to search for key words within the notes themselves instead of just the title, and the magnifying glass).
Some areas of improvement would be being able to adjust the shape of the magnifying box because there are sometimes when I’m trying to edit a specific place and the magnifying box just doesn’t fit right. Another thing would be to be able to open more than two notes at once. This would come in handy for those to do notes simultaneously on multiple sections. It would also be cool if when your in portrait mode for the notes you have the option to be able to stack the notes top of one another instead of seeing them side. Then one last area of adjustment would be to be able to have a bookmarked notes bar like how there is a bookmarked pages (within each notes) bar. It would make jumping between two desired note documents a little bit easier.
Anyways, that’s it from me. Thank you for making a really great app. Totally looking foreword to what’s in store for the future of this app.
Great university study tool with a couple issues
I was using OneNote on a Surface tablet until the digitizer stopped working. I decided to try using an iPad Pro instead, since they’re lighter. Notability was the only app to offer most of the same functionality as OneNote on a Windows tablet. There are many things that I prefer about Notability, but there are a few issues that prevent me from giving it more stars: first, I would like the ability to create a group of commonly used highlighters/pens for marking up documents. I have a system of using certain colors to represent certain things, and I would like to be able to organize all those highlighters and pens into a group where I determine the order and placement. If that is possible in Notability, I haven’t been able to figure it out. Secondly, I use Notability in a setting where I’m regularly working with several languages (including RTL - Right to Left languages like Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic). Notability does not have good support for combining multiple languages in one document at this time, especially not mixed English-Hebrew or English-Aramaic. Please give Notability the ability to recognize and format RTL languages. I can do that natively on most Apple apps, and many 3rd party apps, so the inability to do that on Notability really sticks out. Please improve these issues, and I will gladly give it a 5 star rating. In fact, if those two issues are fixed, I won’t even miss using OneNote for most of my coursework.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 221.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $11.99
- Handwriting Recognition $2.99
- Feel Good Journal $0.00
- Back to School Basics Pack $0.00
- Math Recognition $2.99
- Bubblegum Pack $1.99
- Portrait Planner 7 Day Trial $0.00
- Fall $0.99
- Spring $0.99
- Summer $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.