Note-C is an easy to use program for writing, collecting and processing notes and texts. Note-C offers a rich set of features for working with text, support for popular markup languages such as MultiMarkdown, Markdown (Extra), Textile and others, and a flexible export manager.
Special features of Note-C
### "Open" storage of your texts Each entry is stored in a separate file and you can freely choose the location where your entries should be stored. Note-C automatically creates a corresponding, clear folder structure in which you also can quickly find your entries outside of Note-C.
By choosing the location of your choice, you can also conveniently sync your entries through a cloud service using your cloud directory as the storing-location.
In addition, the entries are saved in the open txt format so that you can easily open your entries with other text editors. You keep full control over your entries at any time.
Alternatively, you can also save your entries in the open Textbundle-package-format, which combines all the data of an entry in a file. This is done by a single click in the preferences of Note-C. All information about the Textbundle-format can be found at www.textbundle.org.
### Creating Multiple Notebooks
Note-C allows you to create as many notebooks as you like, so that you can save your entries, for example. thematically separated from each other.
### Special Editor and Full-Screen Modes
The Note-C editor has many useful features that make writing more efficient and eliminating the need using the mouse, such as automatic list recognition (* and - characters) or moving text passages using keyboard shortcuts. Furthermore, Note-C offers a built-in Tab-Action-Manager, where you can define texts that are inserted into your entries by a keyword and the Tab-key. In addition, you can visually adjust the editor to your needs in many areas: colors of font and background, font size and type, line spacing and other options.
In addition, Note-C also offers a distraction-free mode in addition to the well-known full-screen mode, where you can concentrate completely on the text.
### Markup Support
Note-C supports the following markup languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, MarkdownExtra, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML and Smark. All languages supported by Note-C have a rich set of keyboard shortcuts that allow you to efficiently format your texts. In addition, Note-C offers a built-in preview mode to view your formatted entries.
### Collecting External Files
You can create a collection of files for each entry. These files are stored in a separate folder for each entry. Note-C offers the possibility to view many of these files directly in Note-C. Note: Files can not be inserted directly into the text of entries, but you can add images using markup.
### Exporting Entries
Note-C provides its own Export-Manager, which allows you to export your typed entries into various text formats. The supported formats are plain text, RTF (text only), RTFD, HTML, Doc (text only), ODT (text only), Textbundle, Textpack and PDF. In addition, the export manager of Note-C offers the possibility to export the desired entries as an ePub eBook file.
For more information about Note-C, visit Xelaton.com. There you can also send me a message in case of problems or questions via the contact form!
- Extended printer preferences with considerably more options to individualize the printing as you like
- When the main window is closed, the main window can be reopened by clicking on the dock icon
- moving text up and down using the keyboard shortcut for whole lines improved so that the lines swap places with each other
- preferences for the editor reorganized
- preferences for selected text now with color selection for the text and background of the selected text
- preferences for the background color of the text field, this is now optional. If not activated, the standard background color of the system is used
- preferences for the spacing in the text now with additional spacing option for the text area up/down
- preferences for the cursor revised and expanded, and its behavior in the editor improved
- preferences for the I-beam cursor reworked
- reset button for the text editor preferences added
- internal CSS styles for code blocks revised (in order to use updated CSS styles, the existing styles have to be reset in the CSS manager)
- new display foundation for the help system
- various internal updates and improvements
- Swift markup converter -> Various improvements for the Smark-language
- fixes bugs in functions in which URLs are formatted with % -escapes
- fixes cut labels in the user interface
- fixes an error when creating ePub eBooks when images with special characters are included
- changes made by moving / duplicating text with keyboard shortcuts are saved
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Want to Like It
This note-taking app has great features. I want to like it. Find the color/appearance options too limited and hard to set up.Too much black. Icons available to represent notebooks are not at all to my taste. More variety? Color scheme does not work for me. Selection bar for entries blocks out the titles of the entries. Dark blue icons against a black background tend to disappear. How the menu options for starting a new workbook interact I found not clear. Took a lot of time experimenting until I could figure out how to set up new notebooks. Would prefer clearer Instructions. From the feature list, I suspect the programming on this app might be excellent but the interface I think needs work. Packaging is important. Suspect this app is better than it looks. That can be subjective, of course, but I’ve found it hard to get started using it, trying to get past configuring the look and feel to make them more workable for my note-taking purposes.
This developer “gets it”!
Open standards. Open formats. Keep It Simple Sam. I have every one of this developers’ products and couldn’t be happier.
I sync all my notes on my Synology DiskStation. I don’t use “the cloud”. Everything works flawlessly. Plus, I have the peace of mind knowing that all my data is in an easy to migrate format (markdown usually) and not housed in some proprietary database “locking me in” to a specific Company or software package.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! (Danke schön!)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.