Type, handwrite, annotate, draw, highlight, scan & record notes and documents. Annotate PDFs, fill forms and sign documents. Create your Notebooks (binders) & tree-like projects. The way you like.
Business professionals, students, teachers, writers, doctors, journalists, academics and more use Notes Writer daily to store and create notes, annotations, memos, signed PDFs, papers, highlighted PDF text-books, recorded lectures and more.
With Notes Writer you can:
+ ANNOTATE PDFs. FILL FORMS. SIGN DOCUMENTS.
· Take notes or annotate using Apple Pencil (or other styluses) or type with keyboard
· Insert web-clips, clipart, figures and math equations in your handwritten notes
· PDF Annotations: highlight, strikeout, underline, comments, voice notes, pencil, ball-pen, stamp, sign...
· Fill out forms. Supports PDF AcroForms standard
· Sign with your own signature documents, contracts, forms
· Split view: Open two PDFs or handwritten notes simultaneously on screen. Compare or use them as book and paper
+ DOCUMENT & PDF PAGE EDITOR
· Add new pages, copy&paste from other documents, re-arrange, rotate or delete them easily
· Add new pages from 100s of pre-defined templates with different paper styles and sizes
· Drag and drop pages from other apps
+ WRITE. EDIT. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Notes Writer as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Now enhanced for the Apple Pencil and wireless keyboards like Smart Keyboard for iPad
· Create rich text format (RTF), PDF, LaTeX and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Advanced word-processor formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Markdown engine supports tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, lines, Avg. Word length, Words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Find and replace
· Insert special symbols arrows, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND.
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Create notebooks and projects in your own tree-like structure: Sections, Classes, Lectures, Grades, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Sync your notebooks and projects with the popular Scrivener writing software for Mac and Windows
· Design the cover of your notebooks
+ SCAN DOCUMENTS. RESEARCH. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, text books, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· Open PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
+ SHARE NOTES. EXPORT PDF, HTML…
· Open attachments directly from the Mail app
· Sync via iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive
· Convert to multiple formats RTF, Markdown, LaTeX,PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT, etc.
· Wi-Fi File Transfer between iPad/iPhone and your computer
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS
· Calendar: Full calendar with events and alerts for your writer appointments, reminders, deadlines, etc.
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Sketcher: Hand draw and make simple graphic compositions
+ AUTOMATIC BACKUPS. BE SAFE. PROTECT YOUR WORK
· Protect your work with an app security passcode
· Protect any folder or project with a passcode
· Automatic Backups of your notes and notebooks
We are happy to announce a MAJOR release of Notes Writer 14! Now including full support for the new iOS 14/iPadOS! What's New on this new free update 14.0.2?
+ Improved laser pointer and ZOOM/Skype presentation mode: Use the virtual laser pointer with Zoom and other video conferencing software and share the screen of your PDFs and notes with your students and colleagues!
+ Improved richt text boxes for PDFs and Scribble notes: Now you can add tables, nested bullet and oredered lists, predefined user styles, etc. to your documents!
+ New context menus: Long tap a document or folder cover to access to additional functionality and actions
+ New powerful colour picker: When opening the color well you have the option to switch between grid, spectrum and sliders. You can also change the opacity and switch between color spaces (Display P3 and sRGB). At the top right you have an eye picker where can select a color from anywhere on the screen. You also save colors to use them later on in any other app.
+ New iOS document browse with sidebarr: Additional method for browsing and performing actions on documents stored locally and in the cloud (iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Box, etc.)
+ Improved Presentation Mode with Laser pointer: Present your notes in full screen without any toolbars and menus via AirPlay or HDMI cable. Use Multi-window to open a second note that only you can see while presenting. Use the new laser pointer to point up content on your note without leaving any markings.
Supported Apple technologies:
+ Scribble for Pencil (iOS14): powerful new handwriting features with Apple Pencil!
+ Sidebar for quick navigation to the key parts of the content (iOS 14)
+ Menus to list actions and items (iOS 14)
+ New colour picker (iOS14)
+ New photos picker (iOS14)
+ Multitasking, Multi-window and split screen
+ Document scanner
+ Dark and light UI modes
+ Full mouse support
+ Full Apple Pencil support
+ Face ID/Touch ID to unlock the app and documents
+ Standard iOS File Browser
***** Thanks for all the helpful feedback! If you like Notes Writer, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps. NOTE: If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via our help center on www.noteswriter.com *****
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Reporting an annoying bug
This is a great app for PDF reading. There is a bug in the app, however. If the programmer could resolve that, it will be the best app in the App Store for PDF reading. The problem is that when you are reading a PDF, sometimes the page that you were reading after scrolling to another page and get back to that page, will get blank. For example, when you are reading page 2 and then you decide to go to page 1 to just check a sentence, and then when you get back to page two, it gets blank, and you have to reopen the PDF to bring it back.
I like this app overall but after using it for a while I have a few bugs that NEED to be fixed
1) Erasing!!! I take my notes on the dark paper, and when you write in white pen, your notes disappear for some reason. I have to just guess where my handwriting is and it’s super frustrating.
2) Cutting function! Selecting multiple pen marks is not useful at all because the app automatically groups all of the things you drew into seemingly random groups. If I want to move two words out of a sentence I wrote, I can’t because notes writer groups the whole sentence together and there’s no way to select only those words. The cutting function needs to be able to select the exact pen marks you are selecting and nothing more.
3) adding pages ! I’ve recently noticed that when I add pages it takes forever to load. If I am taking notes during class I can’t wait an extra 30 seconds for a new page to load I will miss many notes
Handy but is it enough?
I’ve been using this app along with Scrivener to write my book. At first it was great, while I couldn’t add more documents — which i was fine with — the app did what it said it did. Everything was fantastic, until the syncing. For starters, it takes awfully long to sync between the two devices (using Dropbox), which I told myself I could deal with. Until Notes Writer started overwriting files with contents from another file. A recent example: it overwrote a file that had my project notes with the text from my outline. This also happened with several scenes I had written, and some notes on world building — which, in this case, was overwritten with an opener for a chapter I had written recently.
If this had happened once, I would have let it go, maybe I’d made a mistake. But this has been happening ever since I installed the app. I can’t just keep losing my content because the developers didn’t work on this feature well enough.
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 315.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Kairoos Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.