NoteWorks is a musical game, designed to teach note recognition and improve sight reading skills. Hungry Munchy is eager to swallow elusive blue notes. Your goal is to help Munchy catch each note as quickly as possible.
The game combines learning and fun into a single gratifying experience. The app is both educational and entertaining, with an intuitive and visually appealing interface.
NoteWorks was created for:
• iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users.
• Players of all ages.
• Beginners to advanced music students.
• Families with multiple players.
• Music teachers with multiple students.
Game design features include:
• A funny animated character.
• User-friendly menus.
• Superb graphics.
• Engaging sound effects.
Note reading options:
• On-screen piano keyboard input.
• On-screen guitar fretboard input.
• MIDI keyboard input.
• "A, B, C" note naming:
. . . CDEFGAB
. . . CDEFGAH
. . . ABCDEFG
. . . AHCDEFG
• "Do, Re, Mi" (Fixed Do) note naming.
• Treble clef.
• Bass clef.
• Tenor clef.
• Alto clef.
• Custom note range in all four clefs.
• Students learn by playing and having fun.
• Multiple game settings allow players to stay in control.
• Students can choose to play with hints.
• Students play without hints to earn points and stars.
• Players learn to recognize notes instantly, on sight.
• For beginners, the game starts by teaching a limited range of notes.
• Note range can be easily customized as students advance.
• After mastering accidentals, students learn key signatures.
• Game speed is controlled to increase or decrease difficulty, or students may choose to play without any time limit.
• Sharing of game progress: ability to share game results with teachers.
While music teachers persistently stress the importance of sight reading, most teachers prefer not to spend valuable lesson time on basic note recognition skills. Thus, NoteWorks helps music teachers concentrate on more interesting aspects of their art, such as technique and musicality.
Serious music students can take advantage of the game to learn clefs outside of their own instruments, as well as prepare for music theory exams. In addition, non-musicians could use NoteWorks as an interesting memory game, to help keep their minds sharp and quick.
NoteWorks was created for people who like to learn by playing and having fun. It was designed with the objective of neither being too easy nor too hard, and never boring. We hope you'll find NoteWorks both useful and entertaining, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could share your thoughts and opinions about the game by rating it.
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Beware of device specific app
You are required to pay twice for this app. Once for the iPhone version and then the iPad.
You DON’T Get What You Pay For!
This app would be wonderful if not for one very important flaw - every single version of this app comes with different features depending on what device you buy it for. The iPhone version, for example, doesn’t let you use the Grand staff (both treble and bass clefs at the same time) but the iPad version does. The iPad version doesn’t let you adjust the note range, but the iPhone version does. The App Store listing does NOT make this clear. You have to go to the developer’s website to learn this information. Ordinarily I wouldn’t be so harsh with this review except for the fact that your purchase does not let you install it on multiple devices. You have to purchase this app multiple times to put it on other devices.
Fun app for students!
Noteworks has been really fun for my piano students ages 7+ .. The character and sound effects are appealing. The ability to slide and choose a specific note range to work on is very helpful in the studio. I also like the re-do option because it encourages students to try again until they really know it. Well done!
- Azati Corporation
- 32.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Belarusian, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Azati Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.