Videos: mkv, rmvb, rm, avi, mov, wmv, flv, f4v, f4p, f4a, f4b, swf, mpg, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, m1v, m2v, mpv, mp4, mpeg4, m4v, 3gp, 3gpp, 3g2, 3gp2, m2p, ps, ts, m2ts, mts, mt2s, ogm, ogv, divx, dv, asf, wtv, webm, m3u, m3u8 etc.
Audios: flac, ape, m2a, mp1, mp2, mpa, mp3, mpg3, m4a, m4b, wma, wav, wv, xm, aiff, aif, ac3, a52, aac, opus, ogg, oga, mid, midi, mka etc.
Subtitles: ass, ssa, srt, idx&sub
OmniPlayer Pro for Mac is a comprehensive media player for almost any video and audio format on macOS. It has powerful features with a modern and clean design. You can use it to play various 4K/1080P/720P HD videos and normal/lossless audio easily with hardware decoding. OmniPlayer’s rich features let you conveniently control and adjust the playback, playlists, video images, audio tracks, subtitles, and screenshots, etc.
· Supports Multiple Media Types
- Play almost any format of the local and remote server videos and audios (SAMBA/FTP protocol).
- Supports online videos and audio with HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
- Play Youtube and Vimeo videos using the webpage URL directly without online ads.
· Playlist Control
- Record media files to playlists automatically and automatically clear all when exiting the player.
- Play, search, delete, change repeat mode of media items in the playlist.
· Playback Control
- Pause, resume, fast forward, rewind and jump to a specified progress time.
- Record last progress time of playback when stopping automatically.
- Show preview images on the progress bar when playing a local video.
- Hide controls automatically to display pure video view without any occlusion.
- Adjust playback speed from 0.25x to 4x.
· Video Image Adjustment
- Adjust window size and video image aspect ratio quickly.
- Adjust video image rotation in all directions.
- Adjust video image equalizer including brightness, contrast, and saturation.
· Audio Control
- Change audio delay time to synchronize audio and video.
- Choose different audio tracks in the video.
- Choose audio mode such as Stereo, Dolby Surround, Headphones, etc.
- Customize audio equalizer or choose predefined equalizer settings such as Classic, Rock, Pop, etc.
· Subtitle Control
- Load different formats of local subtitles in real-time.
- Search and load subtitles online with video name or hash.
- Support for most languages. Change subtitle color and size in real-time.
- Change the encoding of subtitles in different languages to fix subtitle display problems.
- Take a screenshot with different formats.
- Generate GIF images up to 60s. Export thumbnails with one click.
· Wireless Display
- DLNA protocol, Chromecast protocol, Roku channel
- Telegram: appsupportgroup
- WeChat: appsupportgroup
- QQ group: 260862101
Fix the problem of playing RM files
Ratings and Reviews
I had the free version for many months and finally upgraded to the Pro. It handles most of my needs since it plays video or music. The only flaw that can get annoying is when you first play a video sometimes the sound won't play and you have to reload the video. It does not happen everytime but enough to become an annoyance. If you could loop a section of the video this would be the best player for the price. If you could also slow down video and loop it would be the perfect player for me. I'll keep looking but in the meantime this a great player.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using the app, there are some specific video format, It is very strange to play, If you can provide some sample to me, I will debug more to fix it. LOL. My email firstname.lastname@example.org
3 stars for software, 2 stars for customer service
The player works well for basic features, but there are some bugs in the paid version that the team did not have any solutions for.
I reached out to customer service team about issues using some of the more advanced features like movie capture. I was strung along for several weeks with vague responses like “We’ll get right on it”. After several days on several occassions of sending them messages, I would have to follow up only to receive equally vague and unhelpful responses about how the solution is "complicated and is being worked on".
If a problem is unsolvable, just say so guys. No need to avoid and/or mislead me into thinking otherwise. The player itself, for basic use, is fine. But on the paid version don’t expect to be able to use all the features the app claims to have without some bugs.
Developer Response ,
I have sent the latest solution omniconverter for these kind of video files. Feel free to have a try.
Good app, just make sure you're not on VPN.
App works as intended, very easy and minimal hassle. All the others apps gave me a very hard time (VLC, Plex, Airbeam, MirrorCast etc).
This app did keep crashing until I realized it probably wasn't recognizing my TV due to the VPN. Not ideal -- but this works for me (streaming video). Hence why I gave it 4/5. Good enough.
The subtitle feature is very neat, and is the only app I've encountered that can actually implement it. None of the other apps would.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your great comments, the mirror feature, a lot of user just complained about it can not work, but actually this is highly depended on your network, and it is hard to control in the app, and you just show a great smart guy who can figure out this.
And yes, for the subtitle, I worked out with a solution for it to make it work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 成浩 吴
- 54 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © ChengHao Wu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.