Use PixCompare to search for duplicates or similar pictures in a large collection of picture files, folders or the Photos app.
- Find duplicate and similar pictures in a folder full of pictures
- Find duplicates and similar pictures in Photos (requires macOS 10.15)
- Move pictures directly to the trash folder
- Display results as groups of similar pictures or as a list of similar pairs of pictures
- Compare one picture to a folder of other pictures
- Use macOS built-in Quicklook to display pictures in full size
- Works best on photographic pictures, file formats supported: JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIF, HEIC, and most RAW files.
- Search through up to 40,000 pictures
- Display up to 5,000 results
PixCompare can match two pictures even when:
- one of them is grayscale
- they don’t have the same size / aspect ratio
- the contrast / intensity is different
- they have a different pixel-depth
- and when one of them is blurred or rotated
Display results in two different result modes:
- Grouped Mode: Result pictures are displayed in groups of similar pictures.
- List Mode: Pairs of similar pictures are displayed in a list. The list is sorted by similarity score, i.e. the most similar pairs are at the top of the list.
Search all photos in Photos app (requires macOS 10.15)
New layout for list view with larger previews
Improved support for macOS 10.15 Catalina
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Accuracy - Needs More Speed
I’ve used previous versions of this app, so I’m thrilled to see it back in the App Store with an updated version.
It has great accuracy, certainly at least as good as PhotoSweeper. My main complaint is that it’s not very fast. Right now, I’m running on a multi-core machine, but maybe one core is really working as it loads files. PhotoSweeper clearly maxes out the CPU and gets results *much* faster.
The matching algorithm is clearly more accurate than PhotoSweeper, but I’d love to see the two programs merge - the UI and speed of PhotoSweeper and the matching code from PixCompare. In the meantime, buy both - each will find duplicates the other one misses.
Dosen't work anymore
Somewhere between ElCapitan and Mojave it stopped working. All you get is a list of images which have zero in common but identified as "similar".
I used to love this app but will uninstall it as I've waited a year and nothing has improved.
Great app that’s worth the price
I don’t write many reviews but I had to for this app. I’ve been using this app before it hit the Mac App store. I’m thrilled that it’s on the Mac App Store! It’s very accurate and I love that it can scan the thousands of images on my NAS drive as well has my hard drive. The comparison can be adjusted and you get a preview of both duplicates that it finds so that you can delete the ones you don’t want. I love being able to compare one image with all the images in a certain folder. One enhancement I’d like to see is to be be able to choose an image and have it compared to images in several folders not just one.
If you have a lot of images or photos and you want to find duplicates then get this app. It will save you time and hard disk space.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.