Pure Upright 4+
Professional Virtual Piano
e-instruments lab GmbH
An upright piano sits perfectly in pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, and many more modern music genres. That’s why it’s heard in countless iconic tracks throughout musical history with the upright at the heart of the song. You don’t always need the splendor of a grand piano but the character and immediacy of an upright piano. Pure Upright captures the uniquely recognizable sound of the upright piano and makes it as wonderfully playable as our acclaimed Pure Piano for iOS.
Similar to an XY pad in its flat, tactile nature, the Morph Pad offers up nine different core upright piano timbres, including Vintage, Intimate, Reverse, Gated, and Pad, to name a few. The “pure” Upright sits untouched at the heart and center of the space, surrounded by eight more presets for you to explore as you guide your finger seamlessly through the wide-ranging tonal palette of the piano. As you do so, the various timbres blend together, allowing you to create your own sounds comprising combinations of neighboring presets for you to save and recall.
Pure Upright works as a standalone app or as an AUv3 plug-in within your DAW of choice, and extensive connectivity options allow you to easily connect to your keyboard controller via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI to experience the sound of a professional grand piano through your headphones or speakers. The app also supports a direct connection to your Mac using Inter Device Audio (IDAM). This enables you to easily integrate Pure Upright into your desktop projects by sending MIDI and receiving audio with one single cable, as well as network MIDI and Inter-App Audio for triggering the piano from other apps that you might have installed.
Equipped with customizable reverb, EQ, and delay, sound creation becomes even more creative. Simply unlink any of the audio effects from the Morph Pad to dial in your own settings. Maybe you want to add a long reverb tail to add some extra atmosphere, tweak the EQ a little or add some delay to a particular sound. It’s up to you.
If all that isn’t enough, now you can adjust the pedal and key noise to taste, and there’s a host of flexible tuning options for when you need them. The stretched piano tuning is how a piano technician would tune the piano. The equal temperament tuning, on the other hand, is best for when layering Pure Upright with sounds like electric pianos, pads, or strings. Also provided is the ability to transpose the piano which comes in very useful if you are working with a vocalist who wants to sing in a different key!
For the best experience with Pure Upright, we highly recommend using a controller keyboard to trigger the notes so that it feels like you’re playing a real upright piano. The on-board velocity response page allows you to match the dynamic response of Pure Upright to your keyboard controller and your playing style so that you can achieve the right velocity response for you and the song you’re playing.
Pure Upright is designed and developed by Hamburg-based e-instruments, renowned for their high-end digital recreations of acoustic instruments.
- Interactive Morph Pad - Explore the different characteristics of the upright piano
- Nine different sounds - Navigate and blend between nine core sounds
- Studio Quality Audio at Ultra-low Latency
- Extensive Connectivity - Connect via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI. Inter Device Audio (IDAM), Network MIDI, and Inter-App Audio also fully supported
- Standalone and AUv3 plug-in compatible
- Zynaptiq QREV Reverb - Have fun adding extra atmosphere and depth to your sound
- 3-Band EQ and Delay - Get creative with customizable EQ and Delay, or use the Morph Pad as a macro control
- Save, Load & Share Your Own Sound Presets
- Flexible Tuning Options
- Customizable velocity curve
- 24-bit, 44.1 kHz
- 1.1GB installation
- If buffer size and/or sampling rate are changed due to app-switching, these changes will be mirrored in the settings dialogue
- Fixed a mapping bug, which prevented note F5 from sounding when played with very low velocities in some articulations
- 64 sample buffer size now available. Please note that very low buffer sizes are more CPU intensive and could potentially cause audio dropouts depending on your device and CPU consumption
-New external audio devices are automatically recognized and shown in the settings popover
- Instead of “Audio Device” the settings menu now shows the name of the “Audio Output” (“Speaker”, “Headphones” or the name of an attached audio-hardware device).
Ratings and Reviews
I know these guys
And I know you won’t regret your purchase.
That being said… this is “NOT” iOS 13 compatible, you tricked me there! I can’t download on my 13.7 iPad. You need at least iOS 14.
Anyway, lucky for me I have another device with the proper iOS so I can use that for now.
Straight up haven’t even booted the program but pure piano has been one of my favorites for a while so I have a hard time believing I won’t just fall in love with this one.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- e-instruments lab GmbH
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 e-instruments lab GmbH
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.