Reflow is a full featured Tablature and Sheet Music Editor that can be used to create your own original scores in a very flexible and innovative way. Songs you write can be played back using the embedded software synthesizer.
Reflow can also import and play any Guitar Pro*, PowerTab or MIDI file you can find on the Internet, giving you access to literally hundred of thousands of songs to learn and practice.
The new Reflow engine allows you to modify your song while it's still playing, for a totally non interruptive workflow.
Reflow can be used to compose and practice any song for Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Banjo, and many other instruments as long as it uses Standard Notation or Tablature.
With its iCloud and Dropbox support, every change you make in a session with your band, will be waiting for you when you come back home. And it works seamlessly with the Reflow desktop app too.
This is a great addition to your musical tools collection, at an affordable price.
"Reflow Score Writer is a Killer App! Really well done and so easy to use!"
- Apps4iDevices.com (rated 4 out of 4).
- iCloud enabled.
- Dropbox enabled.
- Retina enabled.
- Import and playback any Guitar Pro*, PowerTab or MIDI file.
- Works seamlessly with the Mac version of Reflow.
- Export to MIDI, GP5, PDF and share your files by email.
- Write your music using Tablature, Standard notation, Chord Diagrams and Chord Names.
- Support of Piano Grand Staff.
- Musical directions (Coda, Segno, …).
- Flexible design allowing you to use different scores for each instrument of your song.
- Full vector graphics PDF export for easy manipulation in Illustrator.
- Many Guitar effects and articulations, such as Bend, Brush, Slides and much more.
* Up to Guitar Pro 5.x version.
This new release handles multiple grace notes to support drum drags, also fixes some problems with grace notes in beginning of bars.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Retracted Bad Review - Beaming
I sincerely apologize for the bad review based on the beaming capabilities of Reflow. I have since figured out what I was doing incorrectly with the software. I do wish that the software was a bit more intuitive but it DOES do beaming by using the [+] or [-] keys. I used to be a software developer and I believe that software stands on the ease of use through its interface. I am still learning this app and had trouble even after reading the manual. Anyway, Reflow does create nice looking scores and with a little more manipulation and time I’m sure this software will train me how to use it more effectively. To the software developers... please accept my humble apologies for the previous bad review. You efforts are appreciated.
My scores look juvenile at best without the ability to connect notes with beams. Every picture on your app page shows beautiful scores with nice tidy beams. I paid for this to do basic scores on drums for students right from my iPad. I will have to just find another solution. This looks horrible and I feel like you’ve misrepresented the product. Reflow has no business being in the Apple Store for iOS. Shame on you!
Seriously. This is a pitiful effort bringing a half thought out effort to the market place. Please disclose your application’s limitations on your Apple Store page for iPad users.
This app is of limited value to iOS users.
Developer Response ,
Hi, of course Reflow can do beaming. If you’re getting trouble with beaming you can always reach me by mail at email@example.com . When you start a fresh new drums score beaming is automatic, maybe there is some misunderstanding. Regards.
It’s improved, but it still has problems...
This is your long-time Reflow user again, back all the way from Version 2. Thanks a lot for fixing my problems with version 15.2, especially the ones dealing with volume dynamics! However, we still have these problems to deal with:
– Text on a staff shows if you’re in page view, but it DOES NOT APPEAR if you’re in horizontal view, which I use all the time!
– If you use an instrument with a grand staff and add some notes to the staff, or some dynamics, you get a RIDICULOUSLY large gap between the top staff and the bottom staff (even if none of the notes are on ledger lines) and there’ll also be more space than necessary between the bottom staff and the bottom of the page (in horizontal mode).
– I increased the tempo of a section of measures, which started with two tied whole notes, to be DOUBLE of that of the previous section, and the tied note played for the length of two tied whole notes at the tempo BEFORE the actual tempo change instead of at the correct tempo!
– If you’re in page mode and have a lot of stuff on the page at once (e.g. a full band’s worth of staves), the page content does NOT resize to fit the page (or vice versa), meaning that you can easily have parts that are clipped off or even removed entirely by the bottom of the page!
– Occasionally, when I’m in Edit mode and go to the instruments panel and click on an instrument’s info button, the app will crash. Note that I’m currently using iOS 13.3 on an iPhone 6S+.
– Having more variety of bends would be nice on the mobile version.
– Could you note (if you haven’t already) how long a double-dotted note should be in relation to a normal note in the user manual? I think it should be the note length plus 3/4 of that note’s length, but I’m not certain. NOTE: Double-dotted quarter notes still render as a quarter note plus an eighth note PLUS a dotted sixteenth!
– If you change a stringed instrument’s tuning (e.g. tune all the strings down by a half-step), it doesn’t automatically transpose the tablature notes to their original correct pitches. In case someone wants to keep the same fretting (with this new, different pitch), this should be an option.
– We still can’t change the tempo marking midway through a measure; only at the start of it.
The good news is that this time around, the number of problems are far fewer than in 15.2. However, they should still be checked out when you guys get the chance, particularly the first five I listed here.
Thanks for your consideration and support!
Developer Response ,
First of all, I'd like to thank you sincerely for this highly constructive feedback. Be sure that every single item you're pointing out has been written down right now and I will address all of them according to my priority list. Some of the problems you mentioned will be fixed as soon as I can as they're clearly defuncts.
Thank you also for being a long time Reflow user, getting feedback from you is so valuable and gives me a boost to take Reflow to the next level.
If you've got more ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them on our newly installed forum at https://talk.reflow.app I will be happy to discuss some of your ideas and exchange with you.
Looks good but keeps crashing
Load a file (Dropbox supported) hit settings, turn off the score and scroll around for a couple seconds and it crashes every time. Hope to see this fixed as I love the way it looks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.