The official iPhone, iPad and Apple TV app for SecuritySpy. The essential component of a complete video surveillance system for your Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, this app allows you to easily monitor your CCTV system from wherever you are.
This iOS app offers the following free features:
- Live video and two-way audio from your cameras
- Receive push notifications when motion is detected
- Control PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) for cameras with these features
- Save or share images from your cameras via email, iMessage, iCloud Photo Sharing and more
- Arm or disarm camera recording modes
- Easy setup with auto-discovery of SecuritySpy servers on your network
- View and manage multiple SecuritySpy servers
Additionally, there is an in-app purchase to add the following features:
- Multiplex: cycle through groups of simultaneous live camera views in full screen
- Captures: play back previously-captured footage from all your cameras, including motion-detected clips, image files or whole-day movies
This in-app purchase is a one-time payment that covers ALL devices linked to your account.
Please note you will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.0.8 or newer (www.securityspy.com), with a SecuritySpy software license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app. In addition, push notifications and two-way audio require iOS 10.
We are always happy to hear your feedback, so please get in touch if you have any suggestions for future updates.
- Improves the reliability of video after returning from the full screen view
- Fixes a bug which caused the wrong camera to be visible after rotating the device
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problem with captured files
Generally, this has been a good tool for quickly accessing my security spy server both remotely and from the sofa.
My biggest issue has been playing back and viewing captures files. I continuously capture all my cameras 24-7 with a new file starting every hour on the hour. However, when I go to review captured files from the app, I can only view the first 4m 45 seconds of the video. That’s not helpful if I’m looking for an event that occurred later in the hour. Sometimes I’ll receive an alert that motion was detected, but I’ll need to wait until I can access the server directly to be able to see the recordings. This is really frustrating and stressful if I suspect something needs my attention immediately.
iOS 14 Upgrade introduces issues
I like this app but ever since iOS 14, PTZ controls have gotten more and more sluggish and glitchy. Manual PTZ controls disappear when rotating a full screen live view and often when controlling a camera, video and audio will drop (getting the red X in center screen). Also when controlling a camera the app will completely drop back to the standard camera picker view. This last one may be due to a change in iOS 14 regarding touch sensitivity settings as it seems iOS 13 was not as sensitive to finger drags where iOS 14 is - and translates a finger drag to a “go back to the previous page”.
Issues with latest update
Had been working flawlessly prior to the latest update on my iPhone. Now when you rotate screen to horizontal position when viewing camera it does not work, search for audio and video files retrieves no files from server when they exist, and date picker is scrambled when viewing.
- Ben Software Ltd
- 21.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 Ben Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Multiplex & Captures $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.