SongBook+ allows you to manage your songs with lyrics and/or sheet music, playbacks, MIDI files, videos and to always have them at hand when performing. Besides, SongBook+ can control your MIDI devices or be controlled by MIDI.
SongBook+ is the stage-compatible app for musicians, which has won several positive reviews from inspired musicians. The app works on iPad and iPhone. Now we also have the SongBook+ for the Mac.
SongBook+ is free, but the basic version is limited to 1 book of 15 songs. If you wish, you can unlock the full version through In-App purchase to remove this restriction.
Note: This app does not include any lyrics or other files.
List of the most important features:
- Manage songs with great search and sort options
- View lyrics or sheet music (PDF, TXT, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, GIF, LRC, ChordPro)
- Play playbacks (MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A)
- Multitrack audio player (5 stereo audio files) with separate audio outputs
- Multichannel audio routing to separate audio outputs (with external hardware)
- Mixer with 10 bands equalizer and separate volume for the 5 audio files, global and per song
- Play MIDI files (with external sound generation)
- Play karaoke videos (MOV, MP4, MPV, 3GP, M4V)
- Loop function for audio, midi and video files
- Use in portrait or landscape mode (landscape mode only on iPad)
- Insert notes/chords/symbols/sheet music/images/shapes
- Highlight/underline/strike out text passages
- Hand write/paint in the document
- Insert custom, configurable buttons into the document
- Full page turns or smooth scrolling
- Auto page turns or scrolling
- Record song positions with your finger
- Import and display lyrics of Midi/MP3 files
- Control using foot pedal
- Wirelessly connect SongBooks for a synchronous song selection
- Select the next song while a song is playing
- Create playlists
- Music log for billing with GEMA/SUIZA/…
- Take a photo of lyrics/sheet music and convert them into PDF files
- Night mode with inverted colors
- Optical and/or acoustic metronome
- Connect an external monitor with a possible rotation of 90/180/270 degrees
- Separate into multiple books, e.g. one book per volume
Exceptional MIDI options:
- Access the according registration via keyboard when opening the song
- Open a song on the iPad via MIDI remote control
- Send individually configurable MIDI commands when opening/starting/stopping the song
- Insert any buttons for MIDI commands into the lyrics/sheet music
- Remotely browse via MIDI
- Play MIDI files via MIDI-Out on the keyboard/MIDI player/expander
- Integrated MIDI monitor
If you love SongBook+ and appreciate and want to ensure the updates and support of SongBook+ for the future, you may also opt to become a sponsor.
Three different levels of sponsoring named "Gold Sponsor", "Silver Sponsor" or "Bronce Sponsor" are available. To be a sponsor of SongBook+, you can choose from a monthly or yearly payable subscription. The payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Information about privacy, terms and conditions of SongBook+ and the In App Purchases of SongBook+ can be found here: https://www.songbookplus.com/privacy-terms-conditions
- Printing also possible in macOS version
- Problem with on-screen keyboard and foot pedal fixed
- Download demo data only if no books available (to protect against data loss)
Ratings and Reviews
Robust and stable app for on-stage
I love this app! I was using OnSong, but abandoned it because it just had too many bugs. I moved all my timeline and MIDI control to Ableton Live, stage lighting to LightKey and iPad song sheet displays to SongBook+. I easily import PDF songsheets into it using the finder and assign a MIDI command to each song so that Ableton live set can call them up. Ableton sends MIDI commands to scroll everyone’s iPads… This approach has worked great for me now for over 6 months. I’m so glad I am using the right tool for each job. SongBook+ might not have all the flashy bells and whistles other programs might have, but it has one much more important feature: it works flawlessly and reliably! Also, my songsheets are easily created in Word and converted to pdf for import - these standard tools allow easy editing and ultimately produce better looking displays! Backups are also a breeze using standard Finder interface… Lastly, the support team is very responsive and professional in answering inquiries.
An App that is way ahead of its time!
Been using this app for several years.
Have almost 1000 songs synced to my Korg PA3x Songbook. What a time saver when performing! With Bluetooth Midi LE hardware, it works perfectly wireless with my IPad Pro. No need for a camera kit. I use Yamaha UD-BT01 for the hardware. Quicco Mi.1 works too.
Don't let the cost scare you. It is worth every dime!
I had tremendous support too on communicating to my Roland VAccordion, fr4x bank registers changes
Tried other apps similar, but Songbook + much user friendly.
The app is set friendly. Going on over 5 years of usage. Recommended to others.
Great program except.....
Program works great mostly.
However every once in a while it will forget I am paying them money and I have to restore purchases. This is super annoying. I get to a show, open the app, and I get a warning that it won’t show all my stuff unless I sign in again.
This is STUPID. I’ve had to sign in 4 times and I’ve had the app 3 months setup with auto renewal payments. This doesn’t require my password to make monthly payments. Why not make my app work without having to repeatedly sign in??? THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY AS I AM PAYING MONEY FOR THIS. GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER. PAID APPS SHOULD RECOGNIZE THEY HAVE BEEN PAID FOR WITHOUT MY INPUT.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matthias Bauer
- 23.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022, BauM Software
- In-App Purchases
- Full version (monthly) $1.99
- Full version $49.99
- Full version (yearly) $20.49
- BRONZE sponsor (monthly) $0.99
- SILVER sponsor (monthly) $1.99
- SILVER sponsor (yearly) $22.99
- GOLD sponsor (yearly) $45.99
- BRONZE sponsor (yearly) $11.49
- GOLD sponsor (monthly) $3.99
- Updates +5 years $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.