Subtitle Edit is the editing part from Subtitle Studio, the only subtitle and chapter marks solution you will ever need. Find, adjust, Tap2Sync, edit, create, embed. Everything in one App and we are just getting started.
It’s great to watch movies in their original language. Subtitles help that everybody can enjoy the movie.
With Subtitle Edit, it’s as easy as 1-2-3 or maybe even easier.
Make sure Subtitle Edit is the right choice, as we have not yet found a way to allow upgrading to Subtitle Studio cheaper then full price. http://SubtitleStudio.TheKeptPromise.com
If you accidentally bought the wrong version for you, please contact our Support via our website.
LIFE UNTIL NOW
Do you hate badly synced subtitles?
Are you annoyed by all the typos?
Are you frustrated by the spoilers of too early subtitles?
Did you waste a lot of time on finding one well synced subtitle?
Do you fear even creating your own?
Subtitle Edit can just vaporize those nightmares!
We want to be the only subtitle app you ever need. For this our app includes a direct submission of feature requests. Tell us your needs, we are listening.
We will pick the most wished for on Facebook and Twitter.
YOU decide what the future will bring!
It’s all there and it’s all fun to use:
• Just drop your movie onto Subtitle Edit
• Drop a subtitle on Subtitle Edit (for auto-search get Subtitle Studio)
• Sync subtitle with a single big button – it’s just that easy
Hit save and you’re done!
Our Tutorial will guide you!
… YET —PRO—WERFUL!
Subtitle Edit features:
• Full M4V (also MP4, MOV) workflow: extract, edit,embed
• Embed your subtitles into a new fully optimized M4V file, for AppleTV, iPhone,
• Embed your chapter marks into a new fully optimized M4V file, for AppleTV, iPhone,
• iPad and all other typical players
• For a non embedding workflow most other video formats are supported, too: MKV, AVI, DivX,…
• Save subtitles to SRT
• Save chapter marks to VTT
• Read from srt, sub, txt, ass, ssa, vtt
• Import SubRip, SubViewer, MicroDVD, Sub Studio Alpha, WebVTT files
• Export as SubRip (SRT) or WebVTT (VTT), with any encoding (optionally with Windows line breaks)
• Preference for default encoding
• Innovative Tap2Sync – when you have the text, but no timing
• Add multiple languages
• Add multiple versions of the same language
• Subtitle Studio organizes your subtitle files for you
• Create your subtitle from scratch
• Fix the first and last line, Subtitle Studio does the rest
• subtitle shifting
• Alternatively fix single subtitles
• Direct subtitle text edit
• keyboard fast editing
• Search subtitle texts
• Easy Search & Replace function
• Remove unwanted lines
• Add subtitle lines (think about a missing scene, etc.)
• Add any number of subtitle language
Subtitle Studio: http://SubtitleStudio.TheKeptPromise.com
• fixed wrong link for Split Video
Ratings and Reviews
Good but buggy
This one is quite easy to use but quite buggy.
* Mostly fails to launch. Have you developers never tried it? I always have to try a couple or more than 10 times to launch it successfully.
* I’m using Korean keyboard as well and sometimes arrow keys just respond with beeps without any reasons. When it happens, I need to switch the input language from Korean to English and then to Korean again to make it work again. Since I’m using this app to make Korean subtitles, it really annoys.
* No editing short cut keys working when I’m editing at the large input box right bottom of the controls.
With fixing those issues, especially the first one, this app will be the best.
It doesn’t open m4v movie file!
I was trying to insert subtitles into m4v format movies downloaded from iTunes. Never worked! It doesn’t even open the movie file!
Paid Version doesn't work
I downloaded the trial version. Everything worked fine except allowing me to save the finished modified video. Then I paid for the full version on the Mac App Store. Now it won't let me open any videos. It keeps nagging me for write permissions to the folder. I tried everything I can think of, google, and tricks I use in my technical employment. Nothing lets me edit videos with the paid version. I'm getting my money back!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vogelbusch & Co
- 28.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © TheKeptPromise 2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.