TameTime reminds you of taking regular breaks, so that you don't spend too much time sitting at your computer and risk compromising your health.
You can customize how and when TameTime will alert you, making you aware that it's time to move around, drink a glass of water or relax:
• TameTime sits in your menu bar displaying the current session duration in minutes and hours, with optional emojis that show at a glance how you're doing.
• You can set two thresholds for alerts (for instance, after 45 minutes and 1 hour), each one independent from the other.
• When the time limit is reached for a specific threshold, the app can play a sound (select one of TameTime's custom tones or a system sound), fire a notification and even display a 3-seconds full-screen overlay; you can choose any combination of those alerts, or none at all.
• You can have TameTime repeat the alerts at multiples of the time intervals.
• TameTime detects the breaks you take naturally during the day and resets its timers automatically after a customizable delay: you never need to interact directly with the app to say that you're taking a pause or that you have resumed your work.
• TameTime never locks you out of your computer: it's up to you to take advantage of the awareness it provides, or to keep working hard for a little longer.
• When you don't want to be distracted by TameTime's alerts, for instance while making conference calls, you can manually pause the alerts while keeping the timer running, so that you don't lose track of the time spent even while using Zoom!
RSI (repetitive strain injuries), CVS (computer vision syndrome) and other computer-related stress are actual risks for modern workers and taking regular breaks is very important for the well-being of your back, eyes, cardio-circulatory system, neck, muscles and so on; pauses are also essential for refreshing your body and your mind and boost focus and productivity throughout the day.
TameTime can help you build healthier habits, but is not a medical device and does not offer medical advice; if you're experiencing discomfort or pain, please don't hesitate to consult a doctor.
TameTime in an indie app that does not include in-app purchases or subscriptions: you just buy the app once for, dare I say, a very convenient price and keep it forever on all your Macs while also supporting its future development.
Support is available from the developer - me, Cesare - at email@example.com and your reviews and word of mouth are really, really appreciated!
This minor update adds native support for Mac computers with Apple Silicon and is fully compatible with macOS Big Sur.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.