Siskin IM is a lightweight, powerful XMPP client developed by Tigase, Inc. It provides an easy way to start using the XMPP Protocol (formerly known as Jabber) if you've never used it before. Veterans of the protocol will find many features here they are familiar with along with enhancements to reduce data use and extend battery life.
- Control multiple accounts from a single application and sign into all your XMPP accounts at once.
- Message Archive supported: Access chat history from the server.
- Support for joining and creating chatrooms for multi-party collaboration.
- Automated status management; no need to change status every time you put your phone down.
- In band registration; Sign into and create a new account on your favorite XMPP/jabber server!
- Push Notifications: Never miss another message.
- Photos and other files easy sharing in private chats and in group chats, even with people using different XMPP clients.
- Vcard support: robust user profiles.
- VoIP: You can call your friends.
Welcome to XMPP: Welcome to Siskin IM!
Fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not perfect, but the best you’ll find by far. Needs a little work for OMEMO, but it seems to work. Would be nice to have omemo for uploads (and automatically scale down images) and to fix issues with OMEMO messages being displayed for different keys (or something) on refresh / reload. But otherwise very promising!
Most functional XMPP client on iOS I’ve found
Coming from Android’s Conversations app, I was sadly disappointed by the state of XMPP clients on iOS. I gave ChatSecure a try for a while, and it worked okay, but I had a bunch of issues with the UI freezing and duplicate messages with certain archiving configurations on the server side.
This app is smooth, works well, is open source, and although it’s still not as feature complete as Conversations on Android the developers are making regular improvements and it’s very usable. I’m looking forward to future developments and my only complaint is there’s no way that I can find to give the developers money for their great work.
Update please stuck app not connecting
Other xmpp apps work just fine siskin has my account stuck in it and i cant remove it because it says i have the push notifications on but in order to turn them off i need to connect to my jid please help other then that i loved using the app until now tried everything to get it to work deleted app reinstalled and still has my account saved in the app
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tigase, Inc.
- 31.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tigase, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.