Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @firstname.lastname@example.org for more updates and information!
* Finally! Full support for video and audio posts!
* Bugfixes for saving and sharing attachments.
* You can now tap on image descriptions to hide them.
* Nicer transitions when opening attachments.
* There are now links to the bug tracker and official account on the settings screen.
* Fixed double tap to zoom.
* v1.11.1: Better reloading of timelines when posting and replies when replying.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made music playing in the background stop while reading.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made images sometimes not load on instances using Jortage.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made images disappear on Pleroma instances.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a small bug with zooming after dismissing image descriptions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Favorite Mastodon App
Feels like the most complete mastodon app out there! It’s definitely the one I use with the most ease and has almost all the features I find useful.
Would like to see the ability to re-hide sensitive media once opened though, like you can do on the mastodon web app. Right now you can only re-hide CWs, but sometimes sensitive image posts don’t always have CWs. Once I open a sensitive image and then scroll past it or better yet, switch tabs, I’d like it to automatically be hidden again, should I have my settings set to “always hide sensitive media”. I’m on an instance where unflagged sensitive media should be reported, and the current format makes it hard to distinguish between images i’ve clicked on vs not properly flagged ones.
Beyond that, I’m very happy with Toot! Thanks for the wonderful work on this app!
A great Mastodon client which prioritizes the comfort and safety of its users
The Mastodon social network is a great place to interact with people (especially fellow members of marginalized communities), but like any federated form of social media it is difficult to prevent certain people from trying to make it unsafe. I am glad that Toot! uses a bunch of approaches to keep its users safe, such as making it easy to switch instances, being respectful of post privacy settings, and making it possible to avoid interactions with people through the blocking system. There are also some great quality-of-life features like the zen “relax” mode and some fun Easter eggs, and the developer is incredibly responsive to bug reports and feature requests.
This app makes Mastodon a delight to use. My only complaints would be that it’s a bit harder than necessary to tune which notifications come up on my lock screen.
Complete, anti-fascist Mastodon app
This app is user-friendly and has all the features I need to use mastodon. I didn’t get it at first because I’m very broke but when the first app I was using left the App Store I decided to spring for it and I’m glad I did. It’s customizable, you can log in to multiple instances at once, and I love that it blocks Gab. I hope it continues to be as accessible and hate-free as possible. The only suggestions I would have would be: 1) add custom emojis. I know this has been requested previously and I’m pretty sure the developers said it might happen eventually but it really would be awesome to be able to access my instance’s emojis from the app! Also, 2) this is small but allow access to a user’s media tab within the app. If this is a feature I haven’t figured it out yet. Please keep up the good work!
- Dag Agren
- 48 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018-2019 Dag Ågren
- In-App Purchases
- Toot! for Men $1.99
- Toot! is too cheap $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.