Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
* A new interface for iPads! Enjoy better use of space, and a more easily accessible menu.
* Long press on action buttons on toots to perform their actions using a different account.
* Added an option to always open links in Safari, rather than in-app.
* v1.8.1: The Toot! button would disappear sometimes when replying. It doesn't any more.
* v1.8.1: Opening notifications now works on the iPad version.
* v1.8.1: Long press when you only have one account works a bit more sanely.
* v1.8.2: iPad interface works properly in split screen now.
* v1.8.2: Slightly narrower sidebar on smaller iPads.
* v1.8.2: Double tap to zoom works on images finally.
* v1.8.2: Visual bugfix when boosting from a different account.
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite Mastodon App
Feels like the most complete mastodon app out there! It’s definitely the one I use with the most ease and has almost all the features I find useful.
Would like to see the ability to re-hide sensitive media once opened though, like you can do on the mastodon web app. Right now you can only re-hide CWs, but sometimes sensitive image posts don’t always have CWs. Once I open a sensitive image and then scroll past it or better yet, switch tabs, I’d like it to automatically be hidden again, should I have my settings set to “always hide sensitive media”. I’m on an instance where unflagged sensitive media should be reported, and the current format makes it hard to distinguish between images i’ve clicked on vs not properly flagged ones.
Beyond that, I’m very happy with Toot! Thanks for the wonderful work on this app!
Excellent Mastodon client
Quickly loads, great handling of content, settings, etc. Notifications come through reliably, unlike my experience with other Mastodon client apps. If you don’t like the “cutesy” features like the elephant sound alerts, you can thankfully switch them off or to another more conventional sound. The darker-colored themes are especially helpful for browsing at night.
Only wish it would handle image previews for animated GIFs, without it resulting in opening a tab/window to view the “video”.(Looping GIF animations doesn’t seem to be supported with this implementation.)
This makes browsing Mastodon more pleasant. It has a quick and easy way to switch accounts, but I wish they had the option to change it from being on the right to being on the left. And for swipe gestures to boost or favorite. And inline replies.
Other than that, it’s a lovely app. Very pleasant to look at, and a breath of fresh air in Mastodon clients.
Quick edit: I wish there was a more convenient way to raise up issues, like a github/bucket to add requests or report on bugs.
- Dag Agren
- 40.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Dag Ågren
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.