A flexible Mastodon app
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Tusker is a free and flexible client for the Mastodon social network and other compatible services.
• Notification grouping: Combine favorite, boost, and follow notifications into a single row to get a more glance-able view of your notifications.
• Timeline sync: Keep your timeline position across all your devices using iCloud.
• Customize timelines: Pick which timelines (including lists and hashtags) are pinned to your home tab, and apply filters to hide posts you're not interested in.
• Tweak your experience: Tusker has a wide variety of preferences to allow you to customize how you use the app. From changing the appearance and interactions, to configuring how content warnings work, Tusker supports it all.
• Digital wellness options: Tusker has a variety of preferences to help you manage how you use social media, including by turning infinite scrolling off or showing all images in grayscale.
• Accessibility: VoiceOver, Voice Control, Dynamic Type, and more are all fully supported.
• Multiple accounts: Sign in to multiple accounts and quickly switch between them.
• Modern Mastodon features: Support editing filters, viewing trending posts/hashtags/links, following hashtags, and more.
• Broad software compatibility: Tusker also has builtin support for the Glitch and Hometown variants of Mastodon; as well as Pleroma, a Mastodon alternative; and PixelFed, a photo-sharing social network.
Mastodon is part of the fediverse a free, open source, and decentralized social network. From your home server, communicate and interact with people on any other server using the ActivityPub protocol. Learn more at joinmastodon.org.
- Add preference for non-pure-black dark mode
- Add Jump to Present button to timelines on the home tab
- Consolidate Trends into a single screen
- Allow pinning instance public timelines to the Home tab
- Add GIF/ALT badges to attachments (and preference to hide them)
- Add action to show hide/show reblogs from specific accounts
- Add preference to hide link preview cards
- Hide placeholder image in link preview card for previews without images
- Truncate links in posts
- Move Drafts button in Compose screen to nav bar to reduce accidental presses
- Load more posts/notifications on each page
- Update Bookmarks screen when posts are bookmarked/unbookmarked
- Add infinite scrolling to Bookmarks screen
- Add Favorites screen to the Explore tab
- Make attachment description text selectable in gallery
- Add long press to copy username on profile screens
- Optimize conversation loading
- Apply server-configured poll limits in Compose screen
- Add infinite scrolling to trending links/hashtags/posts
- Add state restoration for more screens
- Persist state when switching between accounts
- Add Handoff support for various screens
- Add preference to sync timeline position using Mastodon API, rather than iCloud
- Show percentage of voters for multi-choice polls, rather than percentage of votes
- Display message on remote profiles with no posts
- Indicate moved profiles
- Make Load More button on timelines more prominent
- VoiceOver: Make fast account switcher accessible
- VoiceOver: Improve labels for notifications
- VoiceOver: Fix custom emoji picker not having labels
- Workaround for not being able to sign in to certain instances
- Fix timeline position sync not working in certain circumstances
- Fix local-only posts not being decodable when logged in to Akkoma instances
- Fix Trends sometimes appearing in Explore/sidebar on non-Mastodon instances
- Fix favoriters/rebloggers list not resizing on screen rotation
- Fix crash when tapping My Profile tab immediately after app launch
- Handle authentication required errors on instance public timelines
- Fix follow request accept/reject buttons not matching accent color preference
- Fix tapping reblog count in conversation main status showing favorites list
- Fix crash when certain tags are present in post HTML
- Fix crash when opening Report screen in certain circumstances
- iPadOS: Fix crash when resizing window while on the Explore screen
- iOS 15: Fix accent colors not being displayed in Preferences
Ratings and Reviews
This is an excellent start for a Mastodon client on the Mac. Plus you can't beat the price of free! Please keep up the good work. I particular enjoy able to quickly switch to one of my lists. I would like to make one request. Please make the content font size adjustable. The default font size on my Mac screen is way too small. On iOS devices or Mac laptops they are fine, but not on my desktop Mac. Pleaase consider adding this feature. Thank you so much for a great app.
A familiar UI
Got the Twitter blues and looking for a way into this Fediverse thing? Try this app and you’ll figure out Mastodon pretty quickly! The UI seems inspired by some of the nicer Twitter apps from the past which should help make it easier to use. The UI for following additional instances is pretty nice, and there are easy ways to manage the tags and such you’re following (something that’s otherwise not very easy to do in most apps yet). Solid initial release!
Not perfect, but awesome potential
Loving this - fast, threads nicely, takes advantage of my iPad real-estate, very confugurable.
Still has minor quirks - I'm not seeing it auto-expand all content warnings, and some media is blurred, even though I turned those both off. But - minor quibbles, I'm sure fixed at some point soon.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vaccor, LLC
- 10.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019–2023 Vaccor, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Nice Tip $1.99
- Incredible Tip $14.99
- Awesome Tip $6.99