The official App of The World Community for Christian Meditation
The new WCCM App is the perfect companion of the contemplatives that want to stay updated about the latest news of the Community and have at hand the most useful resources we provide through our websites and social networks.
Our App features:
- a news section updated in real-time with the latest Community updates
- a meditation timer with many kinds of bell sounds to choose among
- a drawer to access all our main website, social channels and media resources
- an audio section with many John Main OSB talks
- quick access to meditation beginning and ending prayers from the meditation timer page, plus the possibility to play the audio of Fr. Laurence's meditation instructions.
- a resources section with links to our regular communications archives
Ratings and Reviews
A “game changer” for me
I use this app every day to meditate for 10-20 minutes. Its increased my ability to focus on one task at a time, be a better listener, and cancel out extraneous stimuli that distract me from my daily goals. I’m more deliberate in my actions, and m discovering that I feel more gratified in life.
Updated and chaotic
The recently updated WCCM website that the app accesses does include the helpful meditation links and information, but it is not especially user friendly. And there is a growing sense( evidenced on the website) that membership and donations are foregrounded before you can access some materials. Nothing wrong with that per se ( they need funds to operate and members to grow) but basic access to material is preceded by requests for email information, donation links, etc. and way too many links. For an organization that stresses stillness, silence and simplicity this is a busy, noisy, messy site for a universally valuable practice. Access to the practice should not be accompanied by so many bells and whistles.
New version doesn’t work for me
I am very disappointed in this revision of the WCCM meditation timer. The two features I liked best have been eliminated (ability to set the number of times the gong/bell sounds and ability to set a lead-in time before the first bell sounds). I use the timer for a meditation group and these features are key. Also, I am barely/not able to read the numbers on the timer when I glance to see the time remaining. The access to resources through the app is good but not of value to me as a long-time meditator.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Adriano Massi
- 162.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © The World Community for Christian Meditation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.