Weather Up is your window into current weather conditions. See layers of weather info right on the map, with forecast data available at a glance. The list lets you quickly check the weather in all your favorite locations.
All the weather info you need:
• Event Forecasts let you keep tabs on the weather for upcoming calendar events
• Hourly and 10-day forecast
• Weather map with radar, clouds, and lots more
• Beautiful, easy to understand icons for all weather conditions
• Notification Center widgets to quickly check the weather
Weather Up doesn’t overload you with info or waste space. It shows you everything you want to know and gets out of the way, so you will be prepared, whatever the weather.
Designed to be simple, powerful, and beautiful:
• See current conditions in all saved locations at once
• Switch locations in two taps
• Share the forecast and map easily
• Choose icon styles that make the app your own
Information about Weather Up Pro subscriptions:
- Monthly and Yearly subscriptions are available.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Tapping the top of a card with now minimize it (the button in the bottom left still works as well)
- If Current Location is the only saved location, it will now be properly centered (thanks for the heads up live4nyy)
- Fixed centering issues when opening the app after a significant location change (like a flight or a long drive)
- Fixed several crashing bugs
- Additional bug fixes and enhancements
If you like Weather Up, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps! Send your feedback to email@example.com or visit http://help.contrast.co for help.
Ratings and Reviews
Purchased for iPad Pro 10.5. I own several weather apps so was tempted by this one. A few things that need polishing IMO:
1. Zooming/moving screen causes the stream to completely refresh each time. Not so bad normally, however the refresh takes an unusually long time.
2. The panel at the bottom really has to have an option to hide. Feels intrusive. Really noticalbe on iPhone 6S Plus. I realize it was designed with the iPhone 8 in mind, however a hide option would solve this issue.
3. Would really like to have the ability to see dew point. In hot/humid climates, this along with the heat index is really useful.
4. For some unknown reason, after having it installed for a few hours, the iPad version started crashing. Not sure about the iPhone version as I use the iPad version the most.
Fix these issues and I'll change my rating to five stars.
Update: Latest version has provided some improvement. Developer's response to my concerns indicates they're serious at this point. Raised rating to four stars.
Developer Response ,
1. We’ve been working with our weather data provider to increase their data speeds, which should help make the map animations more fluid (unless you’re on a slow internet connection).
2. We experimented with hiding the card completely, but it just doesn’t give that much more room on the map compared to the hassle of tapping yet another button just to get out of full screen mode. We’ll keep experimenting with ways to hide the forecast data while viewing the map.
3. We plan on adding more ”current conditions” data to the app over time, which would include the dew point.
4. Sorry about all those crashes, we just released an update that should address all the major issues, and we'll keep working to make the app more stable as we add new features in the coming weeks and months.
Great app, just not for me.
I am a weather app junkie. My folder of weather apps on my phone is overflowing. My favorite is hello weather which I happily subscribe too for $4.99. But hello doesn’t have feels like temps in the hourly forecast. I still subscribed minus a feels like in futures hours. Weather up shows that data which so why I was so excited when I stumbled on this app. I do a lot outside so it’s critical I can see the “feels like” temp 3 hours or so from now. At first I was ready to subscribe to weather up until it was time to get the dogs outside at 9p. Weather up said the feels like temp was 16. So I bundled up ready to brave the cold. Much to my surprise it wasn't cold at all. I opened another weather app and the swing was a wild 20 degrees higher. As much as I cringe at the $9.99 annual fee (rather high for a minimalist weather app) this app needs to have other weather providers to choose from (like hello weather). If they do I’d be inclined to subscribe. Though $5.00 is more where I see this app but I’m an old
Man that still doesn’t get the whole subscribe stuff. Great app to add to my weather collection but I wait patiently for an update that brings more providers since the current app provider (whoever that might be?)does not work in my neck of the woods. :-(
This may replace my 3 weather apps
I have 3 weather apps I use regularly. This one has the radar I use, the 10 day forecast I like, and hourly forecasts that helps keep me up to date. Also you can see storms coming. I love the map perspective (whole country and then zoom) and the ability to customize it (satellite or map and opacity of rain layer etc).
I'll just have to see how accurate it is compared to what I'm currently using (update later).
The pro version without adds, link is now working unlike earlier reviews.
UPDATE: I've used the app since day 1 at the end of August.
The forecasts and radar have been very accurate- I've compared it to the other apps I've used and the actual weather after seeing the earlier forecast.
I also really liked using the Hurricane tracking layer (pro version) it was clear and easy to follow and lined up with what I saw when I turned on the news. I have friends in Florida and was able to share hurricane tracking screen shots with them that they appreciated.
This app now has a spot on my home screen and will be used daily. I'm also looking forward to updates and improvements from the developer.
I would like:
1. wind speeds listed in the forecasts.
2. the forecasts overlay (bottom) and the forecast bubble over each city to disappear from map when I tap the map (like google maps).
3. to be able to chose my weather data source.
4. weather alerts.
- Contrast Apps LLC
- 119.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Contrast
- In-App Purchases
- Weather Up Pro $9.99
- Weather Up Pro $1.99
- Weather Up Pro - Legacy $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.