Beautiful visual hour-by-hour weather forecast app with widgets and watch complications.
Nowcast, daily view, rich styles, and unmatched attention to detail.
Newly added: Sky background, a new WatchOS 10 app with Smart Stack widgets, native mac app, rain & snow alerts and vertical (in a Dark Sky app style) layout option.
Weathergraph is a beautiful visual hourly weather widget and forecast for Watch, iPhone, iPad, and Mac, with the Apple Watch app, watchface complications and weather alerts.
Powered by Apple Weather, Foreca, Pirate Weather (aggregating NOAA's HRRR, GFS and GEFS), Open-Meteo, and yr.no/met.no.
- Nowcast (real-time rain & snow forecast updated every 30 minutes – PRO only)
- Rain & snow alerts based on nowcast data (PRO)
- Hour-by-hour temperature (main colorful line)
- Hour-by-hour precipitation — rain, and snow (blue chart)
- Hour-by-hour cloudiness (cloud cover) and sunshine (clouds on top + sun rays)
- Hour-by-hour wind speed (red line) and direction (red arrows)
- Hour-by-hour precipitation or dew point (dotted line)
- Hour-by-hour atmospheric pressure, absolute, or rate of change (purple line or arrows)
- Hour-by-hour UV index (rainbow dashes)
- Real day/night (sky color)
- Daily temperature minimum and maximum (overlaid above chart)
- Actual temperature and place (on the top)
- Sunrise and sunset times
Hikers, runners, bikers, kite surfers, pilots, and many outdoor enthusiasts around the world love the at-glance readability, customizability, and reliability.
Weathergraph is offline capable. The app caches the last acquired forecast for up to 24 hours, allowing you to hike or run outside the network (or go running or biking with a wifi-only Apple Watch) and still see the most recently fetched data. The data refreshes automatically once a connection is available.
The hourly forecast is updated every hour, nowcast and rain alerts update every 30 minutes. If rain or snow is expected during the next 3 hours, you will get a notice on a widget (iPhone, iPad & Mac), a large complication (Watch), and a detailed 3-hour precipitation chart in the app.
Nowcast and alerts are powered by Foreca and depend on the precision of rain radars in your area.
Weathegraph cares about your privacy. No ads, no tracking, and no sharing of locations with third parties. This is how I want all the apps on my phone & watch to behave.
You can unlock professional Apple Weather, Foreca, Open-Meteo, and Dark Sky forecast sources, weather alerts, nowcast, and all styles and options via a reasonably priced subscription, which covers the cost of data and allows me to further improve Weathergraph. One-time Weathergraph Forever unlock is also available.
Thank you for your support!
If you liked Dark Sky, Weather Line, Weathertron, or Weather Strip, then Weathergraph might be the best replacement :).
Subscriptions made on Apple devices will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel once activated. Manage or turn off your subscriptions in App Store app > Account > Subscriptions.
SKY BACKGROUND: Enjoy the full-color background matching the sky at a current time of day. Tap the Skylight option in app and widget preferences, and you're in.
New Menu Bar Icon: Now, Weathergraph is just one click away! Choose between an icon, temperature display, or both on your menu bar for quick access to detailed forecasts.
Keep your widgets regularly updated with ease with a new 'Launch at login' option.
RADAR AND CLIMATE
- NWS radar (for the US) or Windy.com (rest of the world) loads up with your actual location marked and centered.
- Weather Spark is a climate report service ran by enthusiasts, who love data visualization as much as I do. There is no better place on the internet to get the info about how are the Canaries in September. Weather Spark integration displays the closest point from the Weather Spark database (one is nearby).
- Weathergraph adds NWS (National Weather Service) forecast for all US based weather enthusiasts.
- Weekly chart: You can now see a week at a glance below the main chart, both in the app and in the large widget. Click the weekly chart to scroll directly to that time.
- Sun glow: As the murky autumn arrives, know when to look forward to a healthy dose of sun rays. The warm glow above the cloud layer highlights particularly sunny times.
- Option to have light drawn clouds with weather icons underneath.
- Forecast update button instead of difficult to invoke pull-to-refresh.
- New METAR unit set for aviation fans.
- Widget now updates more reliably.
- Weathergraph now remembers its window size (yay!).
- Widgets on a desktop in macOS Sonoma now have a special theme to match the blurred background.
- Open-Meteo forecast source adds UV index.
Vertical layout improvements:
- New zoom-in and zoom-out buttons.
- Both real and apparent temperature at once.
- Wind gusts now appear in the wind view next to wind speed and direction.
If you know of friends or fellow outdoors lovers, who would love Weathergraph's visual forecast, I'd be grateful if you could share or tweet a screenshot to let them know.
Thank you! Tomas.
Ratings and Reviews
Great presentation of data but widget issues
The app graphical presentation provides a lot of data at a glance - high and low temps for the next few days, cloud/sunny conditions, rain probability and precipitation, wind, etc. It is better than anything I have seen. It allows you to choose between different weather sources and there are a lot of choices in terms of how to present the data and how the graphic appears. But most encouraging is that the author is continually making improvements and likes to get suggestions from the users. The Apple watch app is one of the better ones I have seen. Great complications. Just make sure you install the weathergraph app on your watch in order to make the complications and the app available on the watch. WIDGET ISSUE: (I down graded my star rating from 5 to 4 due to this ) My biggest complaint is with the widgets. They are the best designs that I have seen - providing the most information at a glance. However, they do not update all the time and you have to open the app to get them to update - defeats the purpose of a widget. The developer blames Apple, but I don’t seem to have this issue with Carrot or other third party weather widgets. Even so, it is one the best weather apps out there.
Developer Response ,
Hi Rick, thank you for the review, and sorry to hear about the problem! Weathergraph is different to most other apps in that it does a lot of custom drawing in the widgets, and it seems to be triggering a bug in some rare cases where the widgets stop being redrawn (the app keeps thinking it's refreshing the widgets, but they stop being redrawn by the system).
Restart of the phone or watch fixes this.
Brilliant weather app. Instant favorite and must-have for watch, phone, and iPad. App used to be watch-only, and I found it when I bought an Apple Watch and was looking for a weather app that quickly and visually shows key weather information. This app stands out from all the other options with its design and attention to both visual and functional detail. The graph itself raises the usefulness of an Apple Watch significantly—it works in so many ways to supplement other key at-a-glance daily information and also as the basis for a watch face that can be a whole miniature weather center. The graph, multiple complications for current conditions, wind and/or other options and RadarScope make for a most useful weather face. This app elevates the watch. Recently the developer has added phone and iPad apps. The graph looks stunning on both devices and as app and widget conveys weather information so very well. I have numerous weather apps and Weathergraph has instantly become one of my main widgets and first weather references on my devices. With multiple data sources and options for customizing, it shows all the key weather forecast and conditions most effectively. Again it is a brilliant combination of aesthetic and functional design. Just perfect.
Update: the developer keeps refining and adding great new features, refinements, and options, giving the app even more looks on all the platforms.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your kind words! I have no other option but to frame your review and put it on the wall :).
Wonderful watch weather app!
This is a truly great weather app for your watch. I began to use it because my other weather apps on the watch seemed to always be “updating” when I went to look at them, and weathergraph always had data. It might be 10 mins old, but on my watch that’s fine. If I want totally the most detailed forecast I’ll use one of my 6 favorite weather apps on my phone. Even when weathergraph is updating it still has data available to look at.
After a bit I began to appreciate the amount of useful data that is shown on the screen. I get temperature, wind, precipitation at a glance, for one day or five days. I also get cloud cover, something you don’t get easily even on phone apps. I also get sunrise and sunset. All instantly available. When using my watch I usually just want an overview of today or tomorrow, and I get far more than that with weathergraph. It has taken me a few weeks to really appreciate the quantity of information offered by weathergraph and get used to reading it at a glance.
I have several weather apps on my watch, and quite a few more on my phone, but I get more information more regularly from weathergraph than all of the others. This is a great app, and I’m so happy to have it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you! It was a pleasure to read your review :). Enjoy Weathergraph!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tomas Kafka
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2024 Tomáš Kafka
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Pro subscription $24.00
- Monthly Pro subscription $5.00
- Weathergraph Forever $75.00
- Quarterly Pro subscription $10.00
- Weekly Pro subscription $2.00