Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Crowd Reports
• Fire Risk
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• Fixed an issue due to which some users were not able to change the date in the weather history on iPad
• Fixed an issue due to which wind gust information became unavailable in the hourly forecast
• General performance & speed improvements.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We're still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app & the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Terrific weather & radar app!
If you’re like me - a former loyal user of the Storm app, which was abandoned recently, you have found your new weather home. This is the first app I’ve found that is as good or even better in some cases as the original Storm app. You’ll find everything of what you loved about Storm here. And the interface is much better. Easier. It’s got more potential. Weather Mate has all the bells and whistles I was accustom to in Storm and MORE!! Stuff like Radar, Pressure Fronts, Storm Tracks, Lightning & much more. You won't find them in any other app now. I’ve spent a lot of time and money evaluating almost all weather apps on the app store & concluded that Weather Mate beats the competition fair & square. Most importantly, the people running this seem like they actually care about their users, and will listen to user feedback. So delete that piece of crap, Storm Radar (which replaced the original Storm app), and ante up for this terrific replacement. Bye bye Weather Channel, and good luck with your "upgrade". Now that I’ve found this new weather home, I hope it remains on iTunes and stays supported for a very long time.
Accurate. Easy reading. Comprehensive. Unique.
Few days ago, when all the others on my wife's iPad said 26° WeatherMate said 42° which was spot on with the TV weather dude. Best presentation of Weather Underground data. Why? You can actually pick *exactly* which weather station you want to use. (Check the Weather Underground site for a map of the ones nearest you.) I keep coming back to WeatherMate. Easy to read. Plenty of detail, even for weather geeks. Tried 20+ other weather apps: no kidding. Some pretty good ones, some trash. I’m a weather geek. I put it on mi esposa’s iPad, she prefers it too. Let's face it: other weather apps are simply inferior. WeatherMate sources from the nearest station. (In our case, a mere half mile away.) Makes a huge difference in our hilly desert southwest. The software is nicely done: smooth scrolling, comprehensive detail (even travel planner with historic norms). Access to long text and suspected hourlies is easy. Selection among a plethora of display elements is easy. The widget is great. Support is generous and courteous. 😊 WeatherMate, rain or shine. 🌤
First weather app I just might pay for!
I’ve had this app for a couple of weeks now. Replaced ‘storm’ that has been sold so many times I get tired of the changes. At a glance, I can see the most pertinent and current information. With the swipe of a finger I can see the rest. Very user-friendly and easy to read. I love the ease of this program and all the information it provides without having to search for it. So far it works seamlessly with my phone and Apple Watch. Accuracy seems spot on. Ads are a pain as always - but I like this app so much I’m considering actually buying it. I would love to have a temperature alert - that I can control (so I know when to cover plants or blanket horses). I live in Florida we have very erratic weather! The only thing missing is the push notifications if bad weather is coming but I haven’t double checked my settings...
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 98.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.