Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Crowd Reports
• Fire Risk
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• Fixed an issue due to which some users were not able to change the date in the weather history on iPad
• Fixed an issue due to which wind gust information became unavailable in the hourly forecast
• General performance & speed improvements.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We're still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app & the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST weather app for iphone and watch!
Weather mate pro has everything i wanted and more for following all the weather. and with the new watch complication, you get all the amazing weather details on your watch. plus the same alerts/ warnings/ etc you get on your phone. the amount of customization you can choose is amazing. for example, to start, choose the weather station you prefer from the places you've picked. then customize the different complications on your watch. i give it 5 stars! since, nothing is perfect, here's what i'd like to see changed. change the big part in the top box, it gives me the feeling of an older digital alarm clock. i always wished that the time display and blue bulls eye/wind direction gauge was done differently. and definitely not so big, it's out of sync with the rest of the more modern and somehow friendlier looking graphics. i like the big weather graphic in the top box though (sun behind the clouds, sun, etc...). and lastly, i love all the weather details now available on my watch. but in the future, being able to view all the details for more than one location (current or home), on the watch, would be great. so, home/current location plus other picks (los angeles, washington d.c., etc.) available to view on the watch. even so, this weather app still stomps all the others. for loads of clear, useful, detailed, timely and customizable weather data (in the usa and beyond), this is the weather app to have.
A METEOROLOGIST REVIEW
Although, I’ve officially been a meteorologist for only a year, I would say I know a thing or two about the weather from all my time in college. And let STRESS how important it is to use NOAA National Weather Service (NWS) for your weather source. This is the most accurate weather data and it is assessable to everyone, not just meteorologists. BUT, I’ve always wanted to experience the convenience of weather apps, and the NWS doesn’t provide an official app. So I did some searching on all the top rated weather apps on the App Store and checked all their weather sources, since most aren’t listed in their general description. And all the other apps pull weather data from third party providers, which is a recipe for errors, even if they’re small, in weather forecasts. So to say I was excited to find this app that emphases they use NWS and NOAA for their app, is an understatement. Also, a major perk is it being compatible to use as a widget on the newest iPhone updates, so all I do is scroll left and all my weather data is up and refreshed for me without having to open the app. The standard free version of the app is great itself but I highly recommend spending the one time $3.99 for the upgraded version of the app. The upgrade allows you to view much more weather on your screens widget page so there’s never a need to open the app. Just scroll and look and go!
Absolutely essential for both quick & detailed weather info
I’ve gotten 90% of the weather apps available. This is one of the very few “must-have” weather apps, in my opinion, along with both Windy apps & RadarScope. This app comes closest to replacing the radar page of the unfortunately destroyed-by-IBM-and-the-Weather-Channel Storm app, especially with the enhancements to the storm cell info. It’s the ONLY app that displays user-selectable data from nearby Personal Weather Stations, especially now that Wunderground and Wunderstation have been destroyed (guess who did that...). I’m REALLY happy to see the new update that allows display of graphs for any PWS & date. The customizing options alone set this apart from almost all other apps. The latest options improving Apple Watch complications are also awesome. Weather Mate Pro has a place on my home screen on both my iPad & iPhone, so that should tell you something.
What else would I like to see? The ability to compare more weather forecast sources, more PWS data combinations in the map layer, access to PWS historical data from the map, and easier selection of which PWS data shows on the map. Most of those things are enhancements to information that no other app even has in the form Weather Mate Pro does, so that's an indication of just how good it is. Weather Mate Pro is simply outstanding, period.
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 84.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.