Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Save and organize your important documents so they are easy to find.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
• Performance and stability.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/scaniosfeedback
Ratings and Reviews
Once again a Adobe Crush it
Adobe scan is hands down the best mobile PDF tool on the market.
I love the seamless integration of other media and scan documents into single PDF file, coupled with the freedom to share via file link uploaded to creative cloud or attach complete file to email.
One tip if you are my generation deselect auto capture it can get away from you ;) but if you are generation “but dad if you just” auto capture is right up your ally, my resident IT expert 13 blew my hair back laying out 10 pages scanning and compiling in less than a minute.
Sure you can download and assemble a plethora of apps to do the same thing in 50 steps that this app does in 2 or 3 and lets face it always is so much sweeter and cleaner from the source.
My Adobe subscription is one of the most sound investments I have made a few bucks a month and I am covered laptop, tablet or mobile.
The ease with which I can create, edit, draft, collaborate and share with quality consistency and stability across multiple Adobe software and app platforms is exceptional value for money.
I am a University student and I don’t have a scanner. I need scanner frequently. I scan my documents from uni or from my friends scanner. But some times i really don’t have this options. But since i download this app my scanning problems resolved. This app is so easy to use and scan documents perfectly and saved documents as pdf. The best thing about this app is that i can send my documents to others emails. This way i can also excess the documents from my emails when i need to print the documents. This app is amazing.
Thank you for developing this app.
This app infuriates me more often than not. When it works well, it's great... but it rarely works well. I constantly have issues uploading documents, the app constantly makes copies of each scan that I do manage to upload (which forces me to have to manually delete the double, triple or quadruple copies) or it completely locks my scans and says that they've been modified outside of the app and can therefore no longer be accessed which requires me to have to redo my handwritten paperwork to try again.
I pay for this service out of my own pocket. It's neccessary for my line of work. It makes me wonder why I bother spending a cent when I can't even access the documents that I NEED access to whenever required.
Any requests for help that I put in are either ignored or I'm basically told to fix it myself.
I'm ready to find another app and just start keeping hard copies of all the files I uploaded using this app. It's an absolute crock.
I started using this app purely because I was frustrated with CamScanner but their issues were nowhere near as bad as this one. I think I'm about to go back.
If you're reading this review and wondering whether or not to get the app, learn from me and DO NOT USE THIS APP.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 151.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe Scan Premium $16.49
- Adobe PDF Pack $14.49
- Adobe PDF Pack $129.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.