Lose weight and get healthy with CalorieKing. Our food & exercise diary is the easiest and most accurate available.
We understand that managing your weight isn’t easy. If you lose weight on a diet, you often gain it right back when you stop! Let us use our years of experience to help you achieve your goals!
• Know exactly how much you should eat and workout to reach your weight goal.
• Powered by Australia's most accurate food database.
• See yourself progress with motivating charts.
• Quick and easy to use diary for tracking meals and exercise. Works offline.
• See how many calories are in your favorite recipes!
• Support for weight loss, weight gain and weight maintenance.
• When you've reached your goal weight, your calorie target changes to maintenance level.
• Track more than calories and carbs: Fat, sugar, sodium, cholesterol, fibre, protein, calcium and much more.
Start a new life today with ControlMyWeight!
- Fixed issue where some users could not select their activity level
- Food database update
- Other minor bug fixes & stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really enjoy this app and prefer it over my fitness pal. However, since one of the latest updates, when creating a new food and adding the nutritional info such as calories, protein etc, when you enter a field, the views scrolls right to the bottom of the page, so you have to scroll back up to where you were entering the numbers and add there. It’s a bit frustrating when entering the full nutritional info of new food products. Some features that might be good to include in future update: the ability to add protein, fibre etc goals to see how you’re tracking along the day, also the ability to see your macro nutritient breakdown of calories consumed, eg 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat, along with the ability to set targets on the ratios.
Great for Australians but room for improvement
I’ve been using the Calorie King for many years. It’s a great food database for Australians which includes the vast majority of Australian grocery items as well as unpackaged foods.
It’s very easy to add foods to a meal and create recipes to calculate macros. I like that you can see the macros for individual items, meals and the whole day (other apps only let you see the cumulative macros *cough My Fitness Pal). As well as using the app you can also log onto the website and make entries - although the FAQ say you can’t.
The reporting features could do with some finessing. You can only see your total calories by day. It would be great to see graphs of individual macros (carbs, protein, fat) by day and even filtered by meal. Likewise it would be great to see some summaries and daily averages for a weekly/monthly period.
Currently exercise calories are automatically deducted from calories consumed. It would be great to have an option to record exercise calories but not include in the daily net calories.
Integration with the Apple Health app would be awesome and perhaps Apple Watch reminders when you haven’t added a meal and how many calories you have remaining for the day.
The ability to extract the entries so they can be printed or sent to a health professional would also be great.
Otherwise this is a fab and easy to use app for Australians 🇦🇺
Does take some investment, but pays off
Have used this for years on and off and have never felt the need to look elsewhere.
There are quite a few items I’ve needed to manually add (probably about 30 or so food items in the last couple years) in order for me to be able to easily log everything I eat, but it has totally paid off. Super easy to log everything (especially if you’re eating similar meals day after day, you can just repeat them) and actually quite satisfying. Quite accurate too; I’ve calculated my calorie deficit in the app against my actual weight loss, and it’s pretty spot on- so easy and trustworthy.
- CalorieKing Wellness Solutions
- 76.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2013 CalorieKing Wellness Solutions Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.