Integrate cognitive aids into your anaesthetic practice today! The ASCAR app has been designed by clinicians for clinicians with the aim of supporting Operating Theatre (OT) teams to plan and brief for complex cases effectively as well as respond appropriately to crises. The app allows you to carry in your pocket, the ever expanding library of ASCAR cognitive aids – so they are available in their most up-to-date version on your device whenever and wherever you are. Just select the subspecialty to locate the cognitive aid you are looking for… or, alternatively, use our advanced search function. The next time you find yourself in an OT full of responding staff, why not contribute by opening the app to assist the team in focusing on the clinical priorities and avoiding blindspots.
• Complete ASCAR library: automatically updated suite of cognitive aids from the ASCAR group across the whole array of anaesthetic sub-specialties.
• Paediatric Dose Calculator: Proprietary paediatric anaesthesia calculator to assist you with looking after our most vulnerable patients.
• Offline access: all files and our calculator remain accessible – even offline. But any updates will require an internet connection.
• Advanced search function: to minimise the time and facilitate the ergonomics of finding the aid that you need at that moment of crisis.
ASCAR stands for AnaeSthesia Cognitive Aids and Research. We are a not-for-profit Human Factors interest group that was conceived at the Anaesthetic Department, at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney. Our mission is to support our colleagues to perform excellently during crises, by researching, designing, and testing cognitive aids that are optimised for our high stakes environment. Through an understanding of strong aesthetic design, team dynamics, and ergonomics our goal is to advance the creation of clinical support tools for anaesthetists worldwide.
A lot goes into making ASCAR possible, we've now made it quicker than ever to get up and running, even in poor-network situations. This update also includes:
• General stability and experience improvements across the app.
We deliver regular updates to make sure that retailers have the most feature-rich and stable experience possible. Make sure to turn on 'Automatic Updates' for the ASCAR app in your device settings to make sure that you never miss an update.
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful. Every. Single. Day.
Terrific graphics, really clear, easy to navigate and search. Super practical to use when planning or debriefing, individually or in a team. An accessible and reliable resource to support clinicians and promote patient safety. Download for daily use.
These guys have distilled down complex information into simple diagrams. The breadth of topics covered is also fantastic. I use this regularly for difficult to remember topics or check listing for less familiar cases/situations. Highly recommend.
Great app, love the colours and the approach. Well done!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anaesthesia Cognitive Aids and Research Group Incorporated
- 16.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © ASCAR