Help your child learn the fundamentals of maths with money!
Featuring nine games to demonstrate the different ways in which money can be used, Aussie Kids Count Coins will challenge kids with buying things, giving change, counting pocket money, comparing amounts, multiplying, and more!
Supported currencies include: Australian Dollar, NZ Dollar, US Dollar, and fake/play money.
Each currency has multiple difficulties available to adjust the app to suit the learning stage your child is at.
This app does not contain or use any in-app purchases, third party ads, or data tracking.
Australian coin designs are used with the permission of the Royal Australian Mint.
It's the biggest update yet! I've completely rewritten the app to give it a fresh breath of life. Here's some standout changes:
- New Designs! All notes have been updated to their snazzy new style currently in circulation.
- New Characters! Animal friends from around the world have come to play.
- New Difficulties! The app can now be set to a variety of configurations (eg. only $1 and $2 coins)
- Changeable Currencies! Want to use play money or practice for a trip to New Zealand? Check out what's available in the app's settings.
- Go Shopping has been replaced with Village Market.
- Lemonade Stand has been replaced with Let's Cook!
- Wishing Well has been replaced with Sunken Treasure.
- Little critters will show up in most games to give a hint if an answer is too low or too high.
- Games will now ask a larger variety of questions.
- Improved the readability of many text elements and money elements throughout the app.
- Most pop ups have been removed and replaced with clearer UI or gameplay rules.
- Piggy Bank now uses a spinner to input the answer rather than a keyboard.
- Avalanche has had a change of scenery.
- Sandstorm has had some small visual and gameplay flow changes.
- Statistics, Star system and Night Scene have been removed (a replacement and overhaul will come in a future update).
I hope you enjoy version 2.0, thanks for your support!
Version 2.0.1 - This is a small update to fix several issues with Piggy Bank, Let's Cook, and Who Has More:
- Fixed the spinner not showing the 10s column when needed.
- Fixed Who Has More generating higher than intended totals
- Fixed Let's Cook generating less than intended totals
Ratings and Reviews
I love this game!!
My kids have learned so much about money!
I can’t believe how a app or technology can show my children how to learn the hardest thing they struggled with. Very proud of you guys love you game to bits! 👍🏼😀🥳🤩
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! I'm glad it's been a success for your family!
My 8 year old loves this game! Smashing the piggy bank is his favourite. Glad to see an Aussie app with the modern notes 🤑
This is a very good app to help with learning. Thank you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.