** Winner, Australian Aerospace Ltd Civil Innovation Award 2015 **
** Approved by CASA under CASR part 175 **
Get flying faster with AvPlan EFB - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag app that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan EFB features multiple Australian firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning, live traffic and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by Australian pilots for Australian pilots, AvPlan EFB integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official Australian airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation (ERSA,DAP,AIP, AIP SUP)
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR, CP/ETP and optimum altitude calculation
• Full NAIPS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission/amendment)
• All Australian VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET, freezing levels, surface pressure, SIGWX)
• GPS moving map with highly customisable display data labels including Area Frequency
• Touch-to-display restricted airspace status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Obstacle warnings when flight planning and in flight
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates
• AIP, AIP SUP & ERSA (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (including Garmin G1000)
• Support for almost every external ADSB-IN/GPS/AHRS device
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Automated LSALT calculations
• Aircraft glide range planning and in-flight display
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And heaps more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot!
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan EFB’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Please note that Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan EFB – Plan faster, fly sooner
• Print airport plates directly from the terminal pane
• Print documents from the text pane
• Print weather charts from the weather pane
• Fix some bugs from the future
New in 7.9.1
• Auto-download Dropbox files (Enable under Settings, User Settings)
• Allow multiple 'flight status' options to be set
New in 7.9
• Tower/CTAF frequencies added to Nearest Items display
• Export flight plans to Garmin Flight Stream 210/510 (requires Garmin Pilot subscription)
Ratings and Reviews
Great for student pilots
Excellent software, well-designed interface, outstanding support and trouble-shooting from the developers.
As a student pilot (passed RPL and flying locally, almost ready for PPL), I have found this app extremely useful for understanding the "whole picture" - airspace structure, aerodrome types, flight planning, wind correction, weight & balance, fuel planning, notams, communication, AIRACs, etc etc.
You can easily explore "what if" scenarios. The flight plan page, which automatically re-calculates wind corrections and flight times based on forecast weather, is a great way to develop intuition about the influence of weather. It's also instructive to run the app when you're an airline passenger. I probably can't use avplan efb in the actual flight test because of the need to demonstrate skills with charts and whiz wheel, but it is a great learning tool. For flying as a qualified pilot, this efb is superb.
First of all, Avplan has certainly exceeded my expectations and has gone above and beyond, more so than any of its competitors that I’ve used.
I was using another Australian EFB, which don’t get me wrong is great and all, but Avplan is better. I did not know what I was missing out on until I bought an Avplan subscription. My favourite things about this EFB include but are not limited to: the layout - simple, elegant, professional, clutter-free, easy to use/user friendly, appealing to look at and work with, weather information i.e. forecasts, radar, decoded forecasts, flight planning capabilities - route briefings, fuel availability/cost overplayed onto chart, automatic CTA/PRD briefings for all CTA/PRD expected en route without having to manually go and find out about restricted airspace etc.
I recommend Avplan to any pilot whether they are just a weekend warrior having some fun or a hardcore IFR, professional pilot.
I am an IFR pilot who has used Jeppesen Flight Star and Flight Deck for 15 years. I rang Jeppesen about adding a lock screen function and was told NO CHANCE! My subscription was due so I downloaded the 1 month trial of AvPlan and OzRunways. Both had a bug in the FPL output format for Garmin, caused by Poor documentation from Garmin. I emailed both about fixing it. AvPlan contacted me within 30 minutes and had a test version ready in 1 day. Within 48 hours and several test versions later the problem was fixed. I never heard back from OzRunways. I will be staying with AvPlan, thanks guys, great product, fantastic support. Well done
- BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- 245.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- AvPlan VFR - 1 Year Subscription $179.99
- AvPlan VFR - 1 Month Subscription $16.99
- AvPlan IFR Upgrade - 1 Month Subscription $13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.