The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We aim to release regular improvements to the BBC News app. Recently we've been working on enhancing some fundamental elements of the app, which should help us to add some exciting features in the future.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too many adds
No one can question the BBC’s quality reporting and coverage but those 15 second adds become increasingly annoying as you scan for news. Without them I would rate it 5 stars.
I understand that without those adds, readers would no doubt be facing subscription fees. I just wonder if there could be a cap placed on the amount you need to view per session?
Advertising insults news stories!
The advertising in this application is extremely inappropriate! I was watching a news video about how a joint venture between BHP and a Brazilian company created a disaster that took out entire towns and killed over 300 people. BHP were held accountable for their actions and charged with negligence! But before the news video started a commercial came up for BHP showing how good of a company they were and how they are the future! This was an insult to the victims and friends and family that are following this story. This has been screen recorded and will be reported to the advertising standards boards in both the UK and Australia. This advertising before news stories sometimes is a contradiction to the story you are trying to watch/read. I cannot support this app when such carelessness in advertising is happening. I will be Pursuing this and fighting for change for appropriate advertising. I will not support this application and will be send ing screen recordings to appropriate news and media organisations to make sure this application changes its insulting advertising!
Excellent news journalism, shame about the intrusive adds
I’ve used this app for many years as my go to news app. From time in the UK to now in Australia.
The set up of the app to give me the news I want is great, and the ease of reading more news articles in the past relating to current news today is superb.
Just ignore the adds, wish there was a paid for version add free.
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2019-2020 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.