Take the Bible with you wherever you go. The Bible Gateway App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and learning experience from BibleGateway.com.
The Bible Gateway App makes it easy to read, hear, study, and understand the Bible. Features include:
• Read more than 90 different Bible translations, including the NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more.
• Listen to over 20 audio Bibles, including English, Spanish, Arabic, Thai, and other languages.
• Search quickly and easily for any verse, passage, or keyword.
• Learn more about any Bible passage with a library of trustworthy Bible commentaries and other references.
• Take personal notes, highlight Bible text, and star your favorite verses.
• Study Scripture at any time—even late at night—with night mode toggle.
• Enjoy a daily Verse of the Day in the translation of your choice.
• Follow one of many different Bible reading plans, including the Bible in 90 Days reading challenge and the Bible in Chronological or Historical order.
• Share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
• For iPad users, view up to three different translations side-by-side.
• Upgrade to the ultimate Bible learning experience with a free 30-day trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Plus members enjoy access to their expanded study library of over 40 Bible study titles, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and the MacArthur Study Bible.
Bible Gateway is committed to making the Bible available to everyone, wherever they are. To begin exploring and understanding the Bible yourself, install the free App.
In subscribing to Bible Gateway Plus for $3.99 USD per month or $39.99 USD per year, you will have access to more than 40 titles, including best-selling Bible Study resources, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and NKJV MacArthur Study Bible.
When subscribing, you will be charged via your iTunes account, and confirmation of your purchase can be found there. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew monthly on the monthly plan or yearly on the yearly plan. If you would like to cancel renewal, you will need to turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal prices are $3.99 for the monthly plan and $39.99 for the yearly plan.
Visit your iTunes Account Settings after purchase to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal. Please note that any cancellations made before the end of a free trial or subscription period will forfeit any unused portion of the period.
This release fixes some bugs around note taking and syncing.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and listen to.
I have to complement the reader, a most beautiful reader whom I recognised from our book club book The Goldfinch.
This gentleman is very very easy to listen to and He won't put you to sleep as his voice is engaging and captivating to its subject matter. It's how I would imagine Jesus tone (without the educated New York accent).
The reader makes the book interesting in my opinion, so enjoy this Great book because I can't wait to get to my daily devotions as I read and listen (no distractions).
I haven't used All the app features, but I bet it's worth 5 stars.
Great resources, in need of fine tuning
Overall, an excellent resource that mostly works well but with fine tuning could be even better.
The breadth of resources is fantastic and I am able to delve much deeper into the meaning of the Bible with the comparison version functions plus all of the Bible dictionaries and guides.
I would love a version to be available that is in English but with the original Greek or Hebrew words in brackets so that when I go to the resources I know which original language word to search for and find the intended meaning. I have searched every English version and cannot find what I’m looking for.
When I am reading a passage of the Bible, click on it and then go into the resources section to look at the dictionary of Bible themes, I can’t access the other links listed down the bottom of the listing. They are like dead links, promising much but not delivering. Also, when I go into the resources section of the app and access the dictionary of Bible themes, there is no search function or A-Z quick list so that I may efficiently search for what I am looking for. I have to scroll through many times to find what I’m looking for and do not want to get RSI from this. This is a problem not just with the dictionary of Bible themes but with other resources.
Very useful app
I'm finding this app great for my personal Bible Study. I have my reading plan, am sent a reminder every morning, and use the commentaries for added information. But what I miss is not being able to highlight text for future recognition. Also a copy and paste function would enable text to be added to the notes which I am also using as a journal.
- HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- 70.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bible Gateway 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Bible Gateway Plus Monthly $5.49
- Bible Gateway Plus Yearly $55.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.