You want the most up-to-date, detailed charts when you're on the water. Get daily updates, customized display, community content and many useful features.
Get up-to-date, detailed charts you can use offline plus a boatload of features on your mobile device, so they’re on hand wherever you go. The Boating app is a must-have for cruising, fishing, sailing, diving and all your activities on the water. Try it free for a limited time. To continue using the charts and features, purchase a one-year renewable subscription.
A COMPLETE PACKAGE
• INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED NAVIONICS® CHARTS: Use them offline along with multiple overlays, so you can be more aware of what’s above and below the water.
- NAUTICAL CHART: Use this premier marine reference to study port plans, anchorages and safety depth contours, locate navaids, marine services and more.
- SONARCHART™ HD BATHYMETRY MAPS: Extraordinary 1’ (0.5 meter) HD bottom contour detail is the ideal tool for locating new fishing areas.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT CHARTS (NOAA): These are available within the following coverages: U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil, Pacific Islands.
- OVERLAYS: SonarChart™ Shading and relief shading overlays allow you to have a better understanding of bottom topography for improved fishing and diving. Sonar imagery reveals bottom hardness in contrasting color on select U.S. lakes. Want more? Satellite images or terrain information is also available.
- MAP OPTIONS: Change chart-overlay combinations to customize chart views, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges and more.
- DAILY UPDATES: Benefit from up to 5,000 daily updates worldwide.
• TOOLS FOR PLANNING AND ENJOYING YOUR DAY
- AUTO GUIDANCE+TM TECHNOLOGY*: Easily plan your trip with a suggested dock-to-dock path based on chart data and navigation aids. Get ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more.
- WEATHER AND TIDES: Knowing conditions before heading out is crucial. Access real-time weather data, daily and hourly forecasts as well as wind, weather buoys, tides and currents.
- MARKERS, TRACKS, DISTANCE**: Place a marker on a good anchorage spot or where you reeled in a big fish. Record your track, take photos and videos within the app, and look back at your day anytime. Easily check distance among two points.
• AN ACTIVE AND HELPFUL COMMUNITY
- COMMUNITY EDITS and the ACTIVECAPTAIN® COMMUNITY: Obtain and contribute useful local knowledge along with thousands of fellow boaters, such as points of interest, navigation aids and valuable recommendations from people with firsthand experience of the local environment.
- CONNECTIONS: Stay in touch with your friends and fellow boaters by sharing your live location, tracks, routes and markers to easily meet on the water or let them check out your adventures.
- GPX IMPORT/EXPORT: Share your saved data outside the app or transfer it to your chartplotter.
- SHARE MAP OBJECTS**: Share a marina, repair shop or any other location outside the app.
• EXTERNAL DEVICE-FRIENDLY FOR MORE FEATURES
- PLOTTER SYNC: If you own a compatible chartplotter, sync it with the app to transfer routes and markers, activate, update or renew your Navionics chartplotter card subscription.
- SONARCHART LIVE MAPPING FEATURE**: Connect with a compatible sonar/plotter, and create your own maps in real time while navigating.
- AIS: Connect to a compatible AIS receiver with Wi-Fi® connectivity to see nearby marine traffic. Set a safe range, and receive visual and aural alerts to signal potential collisions.
*Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
Updates are available with iOS 12.0 or higher. A tablet device with Wi-Fi connectivity locates your approximate position if it is connected to Wi-Fi. A tablet Wi-Fi + 3G model operates similarly to a phone device with GPS.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. iOS is a trademark licensed to Apple, Inc.
Auto Guidance+™ technology* is now available. Get underway with smoother suggested routes that consider your designated overhead clearance, distance to shoreline and more.
Be sure to configure your boat settings (draft, height and more) for best results.
*Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good for North up
Been using the app for about 3 years, mostly the paid ipad version. Works well and the maps for perth local waters are fairly good. The customisation of the maps is also good, though not particularly intuitive to set up.
Main issue I have is when I select head up or course up for map orientation. Sort of works providing you don’t pinch and zoom too much. Frequently flicks back to north up, occasionally locking me out of selecting head up again without force closing and restarting app. Bit annoying when you’re heading into a reefy bay.
Developer Response ,
Dear Customer, as you’ve correctly noticed, each time you tap on the screen or zoom in or out, the chart rotation will automatically set to "North Up". Change back to "Heads Up" or Course App by manually tapping on the GPS icon (lower left corner of the map screen).
As we continuously strive to improve our products, we have also forwarded your suggestion to our developers for possible future App updates and we thank you for your contribution. Information regarding updates to existing Navionics products and new product releases can also be found on our website or by following us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Thank you and have a nice day!
Enhanced navigation aids / tracks
I love the app and use it all the time.
If 3 distance/bearing indicators were available (only 1 currently) and a distance from target (acquired independently from radar) circles were available then GPS location could be verified from compass or radar observations.
I also retain tracks as a sailing log. Could comments be added to these for wind / sea state / observations etc. also a crew entry would allow a log to be generated for each person to allow skipper to know each crew member experience on board accurately.
Developer Response ,
Dear Customer, thank you for your message and for the 5 stars.
We value customers’ input and your suggestions on enhanced navigation aids and tracks have already been forwarded to our Product Management Team for consideration of future App enhancements.
Currently, we cannot guarantee a precise date when an update will be available. Information regarding updates to existing Navionics products and new product releases can be found on our website or by following us on Facebook or Twitter. Have a great day!
Last and long format
This is a great tool but by no means a primary navigation source, please can you add the option of choosing the latitude and longitude formats 1. Degrees decimal degrees. 2 degrees, minutes decimal minutes. 3 Degrees, minutes, seconds for when the search for the position of a coordinate is used, currently the roller dial is set to degrees decimal degrees.
It would help greatly when trying to find a position in a hurry and one is used to a certain format as well as running the same format on the vessel GPS plotters. Also saves time as recalculation would not be necessary ( search and rescue operations )
Developer Response ,
Dear Customer, thank you for your 4 Stars. The Navionics mobile App will only display coordinates in degrees and decimal minutes (dd° mm.mmm'). If you would like to convert the coordinates to another format, a GPS coordinate converter can be found at: http://www.csgnetwork.com/gpscoordconv.html.
There is not a way to convert coordinates, or to display another coordinate format, within the App itself at this time, but we do value customer input and we will forward your comment to our Product Management Team for review and consideration for future enhancements for our App. Information regarding updates to existing Navionics products and new product releases can be found on our website or by following us on Facebook or Twitter. Have a great day!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NAVIONICS S.R.L.
- 154.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Australia & New Zealand Navionics+ $38.99
- Australia & New Zealand $38.99
- Pacific Islands $46.99
- Indian Ocean & South China Sea $46.99
- Advanced Map Options $5.99
- Mediterranean & Black Sea $30.99
- Pacific Islands Navionics+ $46.99
- Mediterranean & Black Sea $38.99
- Nav Module $2.99
- Asia & Africa Navionics+ $79.99