Nautical charts for cruising, fishing, sailing, diving and all your activities on the water. Get the same detailed marine and lake charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters.
> TRY FOR FREE: Download and get a trial for all our charts and features.
> SUBSCRIBE FOR 1 YEAR: Choose your favorite areas and subscribe. Tap Menu > Me > Subscription. Chart layers will reside on your device even after expiration.
Plan routes for your next coastal cruising adventure, and improve your depth awareness to find the best fishing spots with our contour maps. You can sail with confidence knowing you have a variety of helpful features at your fingertips.
THE SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES:
> CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE
- NAUTICAL CHART: This accurate and thorough map of lakes and marine areas is continuously expanded with data from several highly qualified public and private sources.
- SONARCHART™: This 1’ (0.5 m) HD bathymetry map with extraordinary bottom contour detail is enhanced by millions of sonar logs contributed by boaters such as you.
- COMMUNITY EDITS and ACTIVECAPTAIN® COMMUNITY: Join a bigger crowd! Get more local information from the Navionics and the Garmin ActiveCaptain boating community.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT CHARTS (NOAA): These charts are available with the following coverage areas: USA, U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil, Pacific Islands, Asia and Africa.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES: The most current charts with more than 2,000 updates made every day.
- DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING*: Creates a suggested route, from a real starting point to a real ending point, based on chart data and navigation aids. It provides advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more.
- ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize chart views to change overlay, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges and more.
- WEATHER AND TIDES: Access real-time weather data along with daily and hourly forecasts, and get wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map.
- GPX IMPORT/EXPORT: Easily handle your tracks, routes and markers. Share, store and display them on different apps, plotters and other devices.
- AIS: Connect the app to a compatible Wi-Fi AIS receiver to see nearby targets overlaid on the map, in real-time. No internet connection needed.
- PLOTTER SYNC: Owners of compatible plotters can transfer routes and markers, update charts and more.
- TIMELINE: Enjoy looking back at your trips in the track timeline.
After 1 year, you can renew your subscription or keep using your maps with free features.
- SONARCHART™ LIVE: Create your own 1’ (0.5 m) HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. Connect the Boating app wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter. You can also automatically share your sonar logs, which helps us improve charts.
- Includes track, route, distance, markers, wind forecasts, map options, sync my data, share location and more.
- Use this app on iPhone® and iPad® devices. Sync charts and data: Go to Menu > Me > Subscription, and restore your purchases.
- Updates are available with iOS 9.0 or higher. An iPad device with Wi-Fi® connectivity locates your approximate position if it is connected to Wi-Fi. An iPad Wi-Fi + 3G model operates similarly to an iPhone device with regard to GPS.
*Autorouting is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
[+] Drop a marker on your current location with one tap, directly from the map.
[+] Your Wi-Fi AIS receiver does not connect automatically to the app? Try adding it manually. Go to Menu > Connect a Device > Add Device
Ratings and Reviews
I have started using this app on my iPad to replace my HDS8 unit (I am just using the sonar screen now). If the developers can introduce an auto track (record) start and a latching heads up default I think we have a winner! At the moment you must manually reset the heads up each time you do anything on the screen and the record must be manually activated to see your track.
Thanks guys, please keep evolving this app, it is the future.
Developer Response ,
Slawdude, customer input and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated and we have forwarded your comment to our Product Management Team for consideration for future enhancements for our Apps. Keep following us on our Website where we publish all news about our products. Have a great day.
I love this App. Very handy and easy to use. Maps have good level of detail and weather, wind and tide info also handy. Loving the auto-route feature. By far the best App for Navigation, regularly updated maps and a bargain compared to buying charts on a memory card.
Very happy with Developers responses to my questions thus far.
Would it be possible to add a switch in the Map Options to bring up the Console to show speed, heading, distance and time information even when not following an active track.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your 5-Star review. Please, click on the following link for instructions on preventing the App from sleeping: https://tinyurl.com/y3brg8c4 With regard to your suggestion of adding a switch in the Map Options to bring up the Console without an active track, we appreciate your input and we will forward it to our developers for consideration for future updates. Keep checking back on our Website for news regarding the Apps and any feature additions. Thank you!
Loast all my charts because it made me download the new app
Happily navigating my way around the canary islands ( very secluded area of the world )
Am told by the old app to download the new one . As it says, all your data and charts will be transferred to the new app.
So i do this, next minute i open the new app and there is not one of my charts ( $200 worth as iam in the middle of a yacht circumnavigation around the world) not to mention leaving me stranded without navigation aid?? I have these charts on 3 different devices as back ups. All 3 decided they didnt want to show me the purchased charts anymore. Yes i could have spend more money and downloaded the chart i needed at the time.
But what the hell?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your message. Once the migration into the Universal App Boating marine&lakes version 13.2 has been performed, all maps of the former App are available into this new one only.
As a first step, make sure you have entered the same Navionics Account on your former app and on the Universal one as well (Menu > Me > Account) to be recognized as same user, then try to restore your previous purchases by following this procedure: https://tinyurl.com/y7e8z9mp. If this is not of help, please, write us from within the app by going to the app Menu – Submit feedback or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing case #456047 attaching a copy of your purchase receipt(s) (https://tinyurl.com/yc9y5c2q), so we can be in direct contact and assist you promptly. Thank you.
- NAVIONICS S.R.L.
- 179.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Australia & New Zealand $34.99
- Australia & New Zealand Navionics+ $34.99
- Advanced Map Options $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.